Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Error Getting X10Net Interface  (Read 101149 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Error Getting X10Net Interface
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2011, 01:21:25 PM »

I would not think the switches would cause noise. The load connected to them maybe.
I am not to familiar with all the Smarthome models listed. If some where two way it is possible they could absorb some of the power line signals.

Now I have some old Smarthome 2000 series X10 ApplianceLinc. The receive only ones are terrible signal suckers. Worse than the 2000 series two way modules. I analyzed one and Smarthome cut corners. Bypassed where the tuning circuit belonged with a simple cap. It was terminated with a pair of diodes to limit + and - voltages. It effectively put a cap across the power line.  :P

howardk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2011, 12:58:41 PM »

SO I had the same problem and the post on the service not starting put me in the right direction.  My resolution was to go to the service and select properties and re-enter the password.  Yes you need to install the service as an administrator.  My user account on the machine is an Admin account, but when I changed my password the other week it screwed up the X10 service.  How stupid is that?  If I had to go and reset the password in everything that installs a service when I change my password I think I would mix up a strong batch of Kool-Aid.

For you poor home users who are not computer savvy - when you get your nice new WIN7 machine from whomever, the real Administrator's account is disabled, so you can't log in if you would like to install as THE Administrator.  I did not test this, but assume if you change the Administrator password it will break the X10 service again - just a guess based on current behavior.  See the following tech brief on how to activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html

jweiblen

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2011, 09:35:19 AM »

First of all, Thank You everyone for the posts in this thread.  Thanks to reading through this thread, I was able to solve X10Net Interface Error without uninstalling AHP and losing the AHP registration, Modules, Timers, etc.  I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition (SP3).  Here are the steps:

1.  Checked the Device Manager to make sure that the X10 USB Activehome device was present.  (It was)
    2.  Checked Task Manager for the X10Nets.exe processs was running.  I had to start it manually.
    3.  Renamed C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\X10 Settings\X10Active.xml
    4.  Downloaded and ran the install for the AHP Software.
    5.  When the question of "C:\Program Files\ActiveHome Pro folder already exists install anyway?" (or something like that), answer YES.
    6.  Completed the AHP Setup.

After completing these steps, AHP opened normally.  I did not have to re-register AHP and all of my modules with timers and Macros were still present.  One thing that I noticed strange with the dimmable modules though was that when I turned some of them on with the switch for the first time, the Dimming Slider was at 100% but the lamp was actually at around 10% brightness.  I moved the Dimming Slider to 0% then back to 100%.  After this procedure, the Module switch seems to be working normally again.  I checked each one of my dimming modules and about half of them had this problem but all worked normally after moving the Slider on each module.

I hope that this simple procedure works for anyone that has this problem.  And thank you once again to everyone who posted here.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2011, 08:53:01 AM »

I had thought this issue with a bad (forced) shut down of AHP had been resolved.
However this just happened again on my Win 7 machine so maybe the bug was reintroduced with the last update. ???
AHP was very slow loading it may have even stoped as I got tired of waiting  for it and couldn't minimize it to continue my other tasks.
Killing it with taskmanager was the only thing to do.
It now won't load and I get the message AHP has incountered a problem and needs to shut down when I try to load it.
Since I knew of this issue I've been more diligent with taking notice of AHP load issues.
This no longer affects SDK built programs so It looks like part of the problem has been addressed.
I haven't repaired this as yet so I'm going to make back ups of all AHP files so X10 Programers can look at if they wish!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2011, 09:44:12 AM »

I had thought this issue with a bad (forced) shut down of AHP had been resolved.
However this just happened again on my Win 7 machine so maybe the bug was reintroduced with the last update. ???
AHP was very slow loading it may have even stoped as I got tired of waiting  for it and couldn't minimize it to continue my other tasks.
Killing it with taskmanager was the only thing to do.
It now won't load and I get the message AHP has incountered a problem and needs to shut down when I try to load it.
Since I knew of this issue I've been more diligent with taking notice of AHP load issues.
This no longer affects SDK built programs so It looks like part of the problem has been addressed.
I haven't repaired this as yet so I'm going to make back ups of all AHP files so X10 Programers can look at if they wish!

Did you try shutting down the X10nets service, too?
There might also be a file in use (or corrupted, maybe), that it cannot address properly?
Did a reboot help at all?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2011, 11:41:57 AM »

A reboot was all I attempted and it didn't help.
Since I know this is a issue that the folks at X10 have been trying to nail down for some time, I didn't wish to mess with files.
I can still access my CM15A with another PC using AHP on it others aren't so lucky this way.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2011, 11:58:45 AM »

I read on one of the other posts (it may have even been a post YOU had made a while back) that the AHX file, as well as the X10Active.xml file might be the culprit. They can get corrupted, and AHP won't open.

I suppose you could back those up, then one at a time rename them, and see if AHP will open.

If you don't want to go that far, I supposed you could at least CHECK those two files.
both of them should open in a text editor, and the AHX (or a copy of it) should also open in AHP on another PC.

Are there any clues in the Windows Event logs?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2011, 12:05:29 PM »

I haven't dug arround as yet as I'm waiting to hear back from a Programer @ X10.
From what I remember the last time this occured the windows log showed nothing.
Once I hear from a programmer and get any and all files off to them I'll start digging myself.
I'll post any thing I discover but hopefully this can lead to a fix and put this issue to bed!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2011, 01:00:06 PM »

That presumes there are any programers still at X10USA.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »

That presumes there are any programers still at X10USA.
As of a week ago, there still were (that was the last last e-mail I got from the developer I'm in contact with - right before Thanksgiving).

teamneon

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2011, 12:19:45 AM »

good luck...ive gotten alot more help on the forum from you guys than i have with tech support.
i called this morning and they said they would email me to setup a callback.
got home tonight, still no email, so i chat with tech support....they tell me i should get an email within 24 hours.
CANT SOMEONE JUST TALK TO ME WHO HAS A SLIGHT CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING AT X10?

/rant lol

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2011, 07:24:31 AM »

good luck...ive gotten alot more help on the forum from you guys than i have with tech support.
i called this morning and they said they would email me to setup a callback.
got home tonight, still no email, so i chat with tech support....they tell me i should get an email within 24 hours.
CANT SOMEONE JUST TALK TO ME WHO HAS A SLIGHT CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING AT X10?

/rant lol

I've been working with this one developer (and another one, at times) for nearly two years now. It started when a problem of mine was escalated up to them, and that developed into a good relationship.
I've brought a number of bugs to their attention, and they've fixed them for us. I've brought specific feature requests to them (like being able to pass parameters to a Windows command in a macro), and they implemented them.
It isn't that the developers don't WANT to help us, but they don't have the time to monitor the boards all the time. I (along with a few others here) have been using our "direct lines" to get help or answers when we can, without overloading that connection.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »

Recently a new windows update caused this on my Windows 7 64 bit machine.
Man I just fixed this B:(  >*<
Note: I never did hear back from the X10 programmer so I'm thinking he went with the others.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

stoney

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2012, 01:58:31 PM »

Tuicemen,

I know this topic is a bit dated but so is my frustration level.

AHP used to run on my Win 7-64bit computer. It wasn't smooth and fluid like it was on my older XP machine but it ran none-the-less.

Suddenly, for whatever reason, I clicked on it and it never came up. After a minute a small pop-up appeared about the x10net file not
being located...etc. I tried to start the service manually and it told me that the service can only be started by something that needs it!

Well...DUH!! Ya think AHP just might need it??!!!

I'm not happy right now because I have other programs that work with the rest of my X-10 modules just fine...like Bill's BVC! Go figure!!
Appreciate any thoughts!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2012, 03:40:18 PM »

Tuicemen,

I know this topic is a bit dated but so is my frustration level.

AHP used to run on my Win 7-64bit computer. It wasn't smooth and fluid like it was on my older XP machine but it ran none-the-less.

Suddenly, for whatever reason, I clicked on it and it never came up. After a minute a small pop-up appeared about the x10net file not
being located...etc. I tried to start the service manually and it told me that the service can only be started by something that needs it!

Well...DUH!! Ya think AHP just might need it??!!!

I'm not happy right now because I have other programs that work with the rest of my X-10 modules just fine...like Bill's BVC! Go figure!!
Appreciate any thoughts!

Art,

We've been corresponding back n forth, and I forget to mention the fix:   Delete any folder related to  X10 and them do a complete restart and reinstall, AHP should work properly after that
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.