Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Audio Outside  (Read 23407 times)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Audio Outside
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 01:55:50 AM »

Okay...

Grandma,

Having read all of the above (or below, depending on your settings).

1) You are asking for legal advice that most likely no one here is qualified to give.
2) You obviously don't want to take the advice unless it says you can do what you want to do.
3) No one here is trying to be supportive of a jerk, whether that is your neighbor or you.

Now you can feel "put down", if you choose.

You're right, this is not the place to come looking for sympathy and asking for advice when you don't want to accept either one.

P.S.
No, I am not an X10 employee, regardless of what the stupid icon looks like, and do feel free to complain to X10 if you feel I'm "putting you down", just like the others that have tried to help you.

>*<
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: Audio Outside
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 11:38:47 AM »

Having read Bill's comments above, I've thought about it and I have the perfect free advice...

Take video and audio of this guy and his actions. Post it all on youtube, send copies to the police (and any other law enforcement operatives you can think of), send more copies to friends and relations (yours and his). Put up signs saying "trespassers will be shot with live ammunition - video and audio surveillance in use. Survivors will be questioned before being fed to the dogs/alligators". Place strategically positioned loaded firearms on and around your property 'just in case'. Landmines and personal protective explosive devices may also be used where you think this guy may walk; use proximity detectors if you think he might get somewhere close to your devices. You might want to give the sign some credence by installing some HUGE cameras, one or two large rifle-mikes, a Rotweiller or three and a large pool of alligators (crocodiles will suffice as most people cannot really tell the difference from a distance). Bear traps are available from your local discount hunting store - make sure you request the ones that will snap a human leg in two whilst causing the maximum amount of pain and minimum amount of skin breakage (blood is hell to shift from a well established lawn).

Any one (and definitely all) of the above could possibly land you in a cell for the night, maybe longer. Make sure everybody you know is in on this plan and get them to help you set it up - this will also put them safely in jail for a while. With all the people you care about (and your dogs & crocodiles) in jail there will be absolutely no-one for the guy to harass, spy upon or otherwise mildly annoy. Thus, with no-one for him to 'play' with, he'll likely just take his ball and go home.

It matters not one whit if you have 'connected friends', it is all illegal, immoral or fattening (to poorly quote Mae West) depending on your local laws in your town and state; obviously shooting people in certain states seems to be perfectly acceptable if you happen to be a major celebrity :)

This is, as I said before, FREE ADVICE. Personally, I do not consider it to be GOOD advice, but it is worth every penny that you paid for it  >!

The other benefit of this posting is that it allows me amuse those who find my own peculiar sense of humour somewhat amusing  rofl

This message is not endorsed by X10, its employees, their relatives or their alligators. No member of this forum was harmed in the writing of this article, and I bear no responsibility for any injuries sustained during the reading of it. Any person foolish enough to take any of this 'advice' (and I use the term in its loosest possible sense) seriously, should make sure that they have adequate insurance and legal coverage unless they happen to be in possession of one of those smart white coats with the extra long sleeves and the buckles up the back (as well as a current certificate of insanity).

I'd like to take this final chance to apologise to those readers who find this disturbing - I'm sorry that your sense of humour isn't as twisted as mine  rofl
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.