Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Great Grab Bag Deal  (Read 14440 times)

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Great Grab Bag Deal
« on: January 30, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »

I just got my "TV Lover Mystery Fun Bag" and have got to say that I got my $19.99 worth.

It comes with "The Big Picture", "Mouse Remote kit" and "Lola Remote"

The Big Picture is an X10 video sender and receiver and a universal remote.  It also has a VGA to RCA composite video-out adapter with vertical and horizontal adjustment.  I tried the receiver with my X-10 camera and it receives fine!  I would assume that the sender/receiver would work to make a wired camera wireless.  It also is the older design, with just an AC cord, not a wall transformer, which I like better in these days of large plugs and small power strips!  The difference between this and the newer video sender is no built-in IR Pyramid extender.

The mouse remote kit comes with a universal remote and some type of RF adapter for the PC that connects via 9-pin or mini mouse plug.

The Lola remote looks like another universal remote.

My conclusion:  Just a receiver is worth it - Buy one now!   >!

>!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Great Grab Bag Deal
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:32:33 PM »

SCORE!!

Thanks for sharing.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: Great Grab Bag Deal
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 02:46:04 PM »

No problem, Dave.  A deal like this, I had to share.   ;D

I tried the remote mouse today.  The software says for Windows 95 and 98 only...  I just connected the serial mouse receiver and Windows XP recognized it as a serial mouse.  That's it.  It worked.  The harder you push the touch pad, the faster the mouse pointer moves.

And to top it off, the remote does 8 devices!  I had it working for my TV, the remote mouse and my X10 modules.   :)%
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.