Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard ICC + motion detectors  (Read 10001 times)

james000222

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard ICC + motion detectors
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:33:08 PM »

Greetings!

I just purchased a package deal:
SW26A   Vanguard Control Center Software
CM19A   USB RF wireless PC Transceiver
VA12A   HiRes USB Video Capture Adapter
VR42A   Tiny A/V Receiver
TM751   Small Wireless Transceiver
MS14A   6x Eagle Eye Motion Sensor
CR13A   Multi-camera remote
VK75A   Pan & Tilt Camera and remote
XX11A   Xcam2 wireless Weather resistant camera
XX20A   Nightwatch Wireless Low-Light B/W Camera

I have four of the six cameras mounted and working (Ok, the ninja base isn't working from my office, but that's another thread: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=20187.0).

I am trying to get three of the cameras motion-detector activated for recording to PC.
I have a motion detector in each camera zone. Camera 1 is not motion-activated.

Cameras 2, 3, and 4 are motion-activated.
I have all on House A. I saw in one of the noob threads that this is bad? What's up with that? Why would everything default to House A if that's bad?

Cam 2 (on unit 2) paired with sensor 2 - set to unit 2.

Ditto for Camera 3 and sensor 3 on unit 3

Ditto for the last pair.

I just manually rechecked all three sensors - they are House A and unit 2, 3, and 4.

The problem: Only sensor 2 (the first camera set to motion-activate) is recording an image series when motion activated. The other two cameras will activate, but will not record in Vanguard.

They are all configured to record...here's an example for camera 3:

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?
Thanks,
James

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Vanguard ICC + motion detectors
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »

I have all on House A. I saw in one of the noob threads that this is bad? What's up with that? Why would everything default to House A if that's bad?

James
Can't help you with your other questions, but there is nothing really wrong with using House Code "A".

The reason for not using it is simply IF the batties get low in any of the "xxxxEye" motion sensors, they defalt to HCUC A1 for motion and A2 for Light/dark detection before dieing. So if you are using A1 or A2 for other functions/macros, etc, those addresses will now be shared with the dieing "xxxxEye".

You could just as easily use only HCUC A3-A16. Then anytime you see A1 (or A2) on the activity monitor you will know a motion sensor needs new batteries. Recommending to stay away from ALL house code A is an over reaction.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

james000222

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:05:48 PM »

I found the answer (not a solution, just an answer) to the problem.

It's RF range for the Eagle Eye motion sensors. They don't have enough oomph to send signal back to the CM19A RF transceiver.

The same one that doesn't have enough oomph to transmit pan/tilt codes to the Ninja base.

The one that can't be amplified or repeated because the RF signal amplifier/repeater is no longer made.

Has anyone developed work arounds to this?

wmac

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 10:46:24 AM »

No. I've tried every configurarion possible. The motion sensors are very poor. See this thread: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=17501.0

Good Luck!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 11:03:12 AM »

I found the answer (not a solution, just an answer) to the problem.
It's RF range for the Eagle Eye motion sensors. They don't have enough oomph to send signal back to the CM19A RF transceiver.

Has anyone developed work arounds to this?

Of course the easiest solution... would be to move you PC (and the CM19A) within range of you Eye sensors. Another solution is an antenna mod of the CM19A.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 11:35:03 AM »

Since the CM19A also has a transmitter in it. One would have to be careful not to detune the transmitter and void the FCC Type Acceptance.

Does anyone know if a CM19A has been tried on a USB Extension device to go higher? Some of them can go over one hundred feet.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:26:04 PM »

Does anyone know if a CM19A has been tried on a USB Extension device to go higher? Some of them can go over one hundred feet.

I wish I'd thought to mention that. I can't see what it would hurt to just try getting the CM19A up higher. I've used USB extentions (the plain old cords that add 10 feet) on my CM15A... and that worked great.

I've also considered the CAT5 USB extentions I think your referring to.. (to get my CM15A closer to the FuseBox).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.