Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pressure Washers & ATVs  (Read 3113 times)

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Pressure Washers & ATVs
« on: March 23, 2010, 12:54:05 AM »

here's a strange one (for me anyhow). I have the DS7000 security system, Active Home Pro and the W572rf32 (i think that's the number). 

Seems like anytime there is an ATV close by or I am using my pressure washer, it is causing some of my lights to come on.  I really don't have time to investigate.  Just thought I'd throw this out to see if anyone else has experienced something similar.  BTW, the pressure washer is gas powered and not electric.

Strange huh.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Pressure Washers & ATVs
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »

here's a strange one (for me anyhow). I have the DS7000 security system, Active Home Pro and the W572rf32 (i think that's the number). 

Seems like anytime there is an ATV close by or I am using my pressure washer, it is causing some of my lights to come on.  I really don't have time to investigate.  Just thought I'd throw this out to see if anyone else has experienced something similar.  BTW, the pressure washer is gas powered and not electric.

Strange huh.

Both of these devices have ignition systems which are probably not all that well shielded and which are probably creating enough RF noise to cause the effect you describe.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.