💬General Category > Archived deal news

Million Dollar Heist?

<< < (6/6)

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: birdzeye on March 27, 2010, 11:52:53 AM ---But do you remember Judy Garland on the Jack Paar show? 

--- End quote ---

You remember that... or just hearing about it?

birdzeye:

--- Quote from: Dave_x10_L on March 27, 2010, 12:18:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: birdzeye on March 27, 2010, 11:52:53 AM ---But do you remember Judy Garland on the Jack Paar show? 

--- End quote ---

You remember that... or just hearing about it?

--- End quote ---

Both...I bought a DVD release of Jack Paar's tv shows  ;D  . He was *very* good, and Judy Garland was hilarious! Apparently the two of them were good friends.

BTW does this forum have email notification?

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: birdzeye on June 15, 2010, 09:04:26 PM ---He was *very* good, and Judy Garland was hilarious! Apparently the two of them were good friends.

--- End quote ---

The creator of the Tonight Show, was Steve Allen. The story he told was: He would have friends over to the house... and they would talk and laugh and share storys and sing songs. He thought a show... with his same "industry" friends would be a good show. So the tonight show was born. Then there was Jack, then Jonny, and Jay.

I've seen all the hosts. All have been wonderful. But I think the earlier.. less polished shows.. had a special quality.

birdzeye:

--- Quote from: Dave_x10_L on June 15, 2010, 11:04:20 PM ---All have been wonderful. But I think the earlier.. less polished shows.. had a special quality.

--- End quote ---

I agree. More intelligent, witty, and....remembering Judy Garland's impersonation of Marlene Dietrich...totally hilarious!

nybuck:

--- Quote from: birdzeye on June 15, 2010, 09:04:26 PM ---BTW does this forum have email notification?

--- End quote ---

Yes.   ;D
I turned it on one time accidentally on an active topic, and it got pretty annoying!  B:(

You go into the topic you want the email on, and click the "NOTIFY" on the top right bar of the page...  "REPLY  NOTIFY  MARK UNREAD  PRINT" etc...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version