🔌General Home Automation > Automated Home Showcase

My small X10 Habit

(1/3) > >>

GMAN:
Let me start by saying thank you to:  X10, Bill, Dave, Tuiceman and all the x10 community because in some way everyone has and always will expand Home Automation possibilities sparking ideas and it's uses.

This started a few years back with a simple desire to remotely turn on the large overhead lights from the cars when entering the garage.

With a PRO Wall Switch for Floresent Lights (I forget the model number),TM751 Transceiver and a handfull of KR19A Remotes, I was on my way. In the beginning your giddy and love'n it, but the lack luster range soon started the...... we all know what happens next!

I won't be good at formatting this, but here goes.

in no particular order (I will edit: product numbers, pics, etc.)

2 CM15A's (Antennas modded)
 2 Wireless Camera setups
 4 Lamp Modules
 4 Appliance Modules
 2 Socket Rockets
 2 Wall Sockets
 1 Decorator Wall Switch
 1 Mini Timer
 1 Universal Module
 2 Motion Sensors
 1 Wireless Audio Sender/Receiver setup
 1 CR14A Remote
 1 CR12A Remote
 5 KR19A Remotes
 AHP Software w. My House Online, Smart Macros, i WatchOut Plugins
 BVC Software w. 2 Baby Monitors - 1 w. modded Microphone
 Firecracker Software (I use the PalmPad on my desktop sometimes)
 I use Debut Video Capture software for recording video - works for me

Homebrew Attic Receiver Antenna for CM15A
Homebrew Camera Receiver Stands
Homebrew Motion Activated Sprinklers (darn cat's)
Homebrew motion detected Signal Light

As mentioned, remote activated garage lights. With Super Antenna I can turn any lights on from halfway down the street now.
Mini Timer + Wall Switch takes care of Porch Light on and off times.
Mini Timer takes care of other lamps on and off times.

Out'a time here now- more to follow

Wish List: Door Bell activated  'Front Door/Porch Cam'

Waiting for cookie jar to refill

GMAN:
Although I built 4 different Antennas to try, This 'J' Pole I built to the correct frequency is the one deployed now.

Poormans Motion Activated Sprinklers. Can be triggered by remote or by sensor(s). Works like a charm. I use a simple macro to send an additional 'off' command just in case a sensors off signal fails and to stop function if I trigger by remote. Would hate to come home to a swimming pool in either yard.

nybuck:
Well done, GMAN!   ;)

Your J-Pole brings me back to my ham radio days in high school.  You not telling us something?  ;D

1 Helpful from me.   :)

GMAN:
Thank you! I'm try'n  PM sent.

pconroy:
Can you explain a little bit more about the J-pole?  I'm not a ham operator, but in the googling I've done ...

- am I right in thinking this is the way you've increased the effective reception range of the CM15A?
- it looks like you need to know the frequencies involved to size the tubing - is that right?

and finally, if the first guess is right, how much would you say the effective range was increased?

thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version