Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP crash and reinstall problems  (Read 1748 times)

glacier991

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
AHP crash and reinstall problems
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »

I have been playing with my AHP program and even added a voice controller and wow, I was feeling like George Jetson, commanding stuff by voice alone!

However one evening the computer locked up and nothing would get me free so I hard rebooted it (the off switch reboot, which I hate). When I started it back up, AHP would come up with a blank screen and not run.

I figured I would reinstall everything anyway (I spent hours configuring stuff but had some better ideas and now that I knew what I was doing I figured it would take about an hour to completely reinstall the house in AHP) so I uninstalled AHP and deleted everything. When I reinstalled it, I still have the blank screen problem.

I am unable to figure out what got corrupted on the hard reboot that wasn't removed and hence why I am having this problem. Any suggestions/help/advice are appreciated.

Chris Swanberg   B:(

glacier991

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: AHP crash and reinstall problems
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 06:12:58 PM »

In reading other posts I discovered this:

Re: Hardware Configuration, open window and crashes
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 04:47:44 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: rpcoe on June 28, 2009, 04:14:38 PM
I am having the same problem.  Everything seems to work, downloads program, reports to activity log, controls lights, etc., but when I go to Hardware Configuration, the program crashes everytime.  Where can I get an older version of the software?

Rob Coe

Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for ahp_updt 204.exe   Download that and install it over what you have now.  Once it is installed, open AHP and use the update link to upgrade to 3.228.

I downloaded and installed 204.exe and BAM, problem fixed.

Chris

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.