Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with CM15 and RF control.  (Read 7018 times)

Stoobie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with CM15 and RF control.
« on: January 27, 2010, 04:56:04 PM »

Hi all,

My first posting so hope I'm in the correct forum. I have done a search to no avail so here goes with my problem. I am UK based and use a mixture of X10 (PLC) and Homeeasy (RF control) equipment around the house. I also use a Marantz RC9500 Touchscreen IR/RF remote control.

You may be aware that here in the UK that all our RF works on the 433MHz band and that just happens to be the same for the X10/RF TM13 transceiver, All Homeeasy equipment & my Marantz RC9500.

At the moment I control 2 X10 LM15 bayonet lamp modules, 3 Domia 10 (X10 Ver2) Plug-in Lamp Modules, 3 Homeeasy RF plug in appliance modules, 3 older Homeeasy in line RF modules and 1 TM13 X10/RF transceiver. This all works perfectly well with my Marantz RC9500. (The homeeasy use the same codes as X10 but translated into RF i.e. A1 on will turn on the TM13 via RF on my remote, and if I set the Homeeasy to A1 that will work too.) One of the main reasons for using Homeeasy is that my garage and new extension are on a separate to each other and to my older house and the X10 signals were a bit flakey getting to the controllers in those areas. the Homeeasy RF have turned out to be far more reliable.

So, here's my problem, I ordered a CM15 because it says it can send receive RF and I wanted to integrate all my X10 & RF in one automatic system. It arrived today and I have downloaded the latest ActiveHome Pro software and had a look and play tonight but cannot see anyway to tell Active Home to send the X10 codes I need as RF. I basically need it to send something like A2on and A2off but via RF rather than via PLC.

Can this be done and if so how.

Please help and many thanks Stoobie

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Help with CM15 and RF control.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 05:45:38 PM »

Since these Forums are US/Canada based, I'm not sure we can help you without more defined information.  UK X10 equipment  is radically different than what we have in the US/Canada.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 09:07:12 PM »

In North America AHP, using the tranceiver module TM751 will force CM15A to send an RF command. Check your TM13 module in AHP, it should be the UK equivalent. Also check your Help file for "Send RF".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »

In North America AHP, using the tranceiver module TM751 will force CM15A to send an RF command. Check your TM13 module in AHP, it should be the UK equivalent. Also check your Help file for "Send RF".

I don't have AHP running now, but my recollection is that On/Off commands to the TM751 (and presumably TM13 in the European AHP) are available only to Unit 1 (to control the built-in appliance module).  But I also recall that a macro can include RF commands to arbitrary addresses.

In the North American AHP, selecting the "VCR Commander" icon allows sending On/Off RF commands from the GUI by clicking respectively the Record/Stop buttons.  (I don't know if a similar beast exists in the Euro AHP.)
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 09:54:45 AM »

So, here's my problem, I ordered a CM15 because it says it can send receive RF and I wanted to integrate all my X10 & RF in one automatic system. It arrived today and I have downloaded the latest ActiveHome Pro software and had a look and play tonight but cannot see anyway to tell Active Home to send the X10 codes I need as RF. I basically need it to send something like A2on and A2off but via RF rather than via PLC.

Can this be done and if so how.

Please help and many thanks Stoobie

Yes, using Macros.
If you have the Marmitek version of AHP software it has SmartMacros included.
AHP SmartMacros has the option to send on/off RF signals using macros.
Start off by creating a macro. On the right hand side is a drop down box, there should be a RF commands section click on it and send RF should be an option.
Drag the send RF into the macro and set the house code.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Stoobie

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »

Thanks for such fast replies, I use Marmitek AHP and I have found the SmartMacros  :)%  Looked very promising but I have come across a further issue, although the RF frequency is the same and my Marantz remote control can control the RF modules I have they are not X10 compatible  :'(

My fault because I assumed when my CM15 is sending X10 A1 if I set A1 on the dials on the RF lamp module, it will look for A1 (X10 or Homeeasy) whereas it is looking for Homeeasy A1 only (if that makes sense). ie The module is RF but does not recognise X10 RF codes, only Homeeasy RF codes. (My remote control can learn RF and when I learn X10 A1 on, I get a completely different code to Homeeasy A1 on).

I had assumed because the RF stuff had dials the same as X10, the codes needed would be the same (don't judge a book by it's cover etc) rofl

I'm going to see if there are any hacks on the web for my CM15 to enable me to tell it which codes to send so that I can send some X10 RF (which it can do out of the box with Macros) and send Homeeasy RF codes. I have downloaded the Marmitek SDK (Don't know anything about programming etc but see there is a forum on here for that so will take a look).

Thanks for all your suggestions

Stoobie

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:54:34 PM by Stoobie »

burnsey

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 12:46:06 PM »

same boat, would love to hear of some development here???

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 08:57:17 PM »

same boat, would love to hear of some development here???

Don't hold your breath.  The X10 and HomeEasy protocols are radically different.  (And HomeEasy UK is different from HomeEasy EU.)
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.