Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: help!! cameras don't work with ninja!!!  (Read 8790 times)

av0930

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
help!! cameras don't work with ninja!!!
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »

Hello everyone, first time posting here.  Just got my X10 system yesterday and been on it since trying to make it work.  Here is the scenario:  I basically followed the instruction sheet that came with the system.  I hooked up one camera to its power source and plugged in wall, then I hooked up the receiver to its power source and then to the tv.  Next, I changed my tv input to proper location for viewing.  Camera can be seen no problem yet.  Next, I wanted to see if the ninja would work properly.  Initially, I attached camera to ninja base but used both the ninja power supply and the camera power supply just to test it.  It worked great.  Good picture and all panning controls worked perfectly, no problem yet.  Now I was ready to install the camera where it was to be permanently, so I put the camera together with the ninja base per the ninja instructions (removing the top of the base, winding the camera cord on the spool, attaching the camera cord with the ninja connector, reinstalling the top of base); now we have a problem.  No video!!!! After hours of trying to figure it out, I hooked up system same way I did when testing.  Video came back, but no panning!!  Everytime I hook up camera to ninja (without its own power source), I lose the video and get no panning with the remote now no matter how it's hooked up.   I've tried different ninja bases (I have three), power supplies, and cameras.  Nothing works!! HELP PLEASE!!

SYSTEM:       

1- VR75A (TRIED WITH VK74A ALSO)
                     1- XX20A (TRIED WITH BOTH COLOR AND B/W)
                     1- TM751 (USED TO TRY AND TURN NINJA AND CAMERA ON PER FORUM SEARCH SUGGESTION)

The kit came with more things, but in 2 days I haven't gotten past making one ninja base w/ camera work right

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: help!! cameras don't work with ninja!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »

Since the Ninja no longer moves even when not powering the camera and the camera has no video on the Ninja power supply. The Ninja Power Supply sounds like it has failed or the Ninja base itself has failed and is overloading the power supply.

One quick thought. Rotate the House and Unit Code dials on the Ninjas supply on the off chance they are dirty and think they are on a different address.

You did have the higher current power supply connected to the Ninja?

Did your order have another Ninja in it? If so you may want to try it.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: help!! cameras don't work with ninja!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 02:20:37 PM »

In addition to Brian H's [great] suggestions, you also may want to make sure that unit code is on.

For example, when you turn on camera A1, it turns off A2, A3, and A4.  (Same is true for 5-8)

Because you are saying that the pan/tilt base is not responding, and you are not getting video, that could mean that the X10 code is turned off.  Maybe it's automatically as I described above.

Also, as Brian mentioned, I have personally been baffled when I used the 70ma power plug instead of the (identical-looking) 200ma power plug.   B:(

Good Luck!   ;D
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.