Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trade VA12 for VA11?  (Read 8108 times)

captainjerky

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Trade VA12 for VA11?
« on: April 13, 2010, 03:22:52 PM »

I have the latest Activehome Pro version and a VA12 that came with my wireless cam kit.  After countless hours of troubleshooting and finally giving up on recording video, I must ask- is the VA11 still made, and could I get X10 to swap the VA12 for the VA11?  I'd like to try rolling back to a previous version of Activehome, but also know that the VA12 is not compatible with an older version.  The VA12 is the only reason left I can think of why I can't record more than 1 video clip without Activehome crashing, having tried every suggestion and tutorial known to mankind.
Just a thought...

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Trade VA12 for VA11?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 05:45:04 PM »

... I must ask- is the VA11 still made, and could I get X10 to swap the VA12 for the VA11? 

I just spotted this post. From time-to-time... a post slips by us. Did you find a VA11A on eBay yet... I don't think X10 has any. You might also want to look at an alternate method like:  http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CL-UVAA-4CH&cat=VCD

You won't be able to use the X10 software... but it has advantages... so I've read.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

TerranJerry

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 10:13:55 AM »

Do you know if you can use a standard Logitech USB interfaced camera with the AHP software and I-Watchout or similar?

Jerry

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 11:20:13 AM »

Do you know if you can use a standard Logitech USB interfaced camera with the AHP software and I-Watchout or similar?

It won't (shouldn't) work with i-watchout (or other X10 software). But there are other (some free) softwares [that can be found] on-line. Some are mentioned here at the forum.... I've had no experience with any of them.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.