Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setting up LM15A  (Read 19207 times)

pzs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Setting up LM15A
« on: October 07, 2005, 06:03:36 PM »

I have a powerhouse DS7000/SH624. The
instructions on the setup of LM15A don't
mention these models. I am trying to set up
but no success. Can someone help me? Maybe
sending a step by step dumb version. That is
the first time I am using an X10 product.
Thanks, pzs.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Setting up LM15A
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 07:46:50 AM »

As you may have read in the LM15a users
sheet. It is in the programing mode for the
first 30 seconds after power is applied.
Easiest way to use your equipment is. Put
the LM15a with a light bulb in it; in to a
table lamp pluged into an outlet close to
the DS7000 with its power switch off. Turn
on the table lamp switch and on the SH626
select a gray button 1-4 as your choice of
control. Push the ON side three times and
that will set the House [code wheel on the
DS7000] and Unit code [button of choice on
the SH624] to control the LM15a. Once
programed [test it with the buttons] you can
move it to the final location and use that
button set to control the module. If it is
on the Security address it will also flash
on a security trigger. The DS7000 can also
act as a tranceiver for other remotes if
they are on the same House Code.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 07:49:15 AM »

One more thing. Default from the factory is
A1 so if the DS7000 is set to the House Code
A [default also] and you push the Gray #1
button it should control the LM15a with no
added programming.

RayH

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 02:28:57 PM »

I am also having an impossible time configuring my LM15A controller.  I have a CM15A 2 way PC Interface and ActiveHome Professional.  The instructions say to plug the controller into the same outlet as the lamp????  What does that mean?  I have set the module to A1 and tried to set the code with the HR12A remote but nothing ever happens.  I have also tried other combinations to no avail!  What next?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 04:21:48 PM »

The LM15A in the same outlet as the CM15A Interface is to eliminate possible signal problems to the intended location. After programming you can move it to the wanted location. Also easier to power on the LM15A and then sent the On code three times within the 30 second time.

If you are using the HR12A palmpad. Power On the LM15A and send the On code from the remote. Now if it will not do anything the AHP software maybe not resending the RF signal back to the power line.
In the configuration area of the software. Maye sure the House Code you want to us is set to be tranceived. Sometimes it defaults to none and Automatic may not catch it.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »

The LM15A (Socket Rocket) is supported by AHP and is very easy to program.  Get a lamp, and screw the LM15A into it and a light bulb into the LM15. Turn the lamp on. Now plug in a MC460 mini-controller and use it to send an address (The one you want the LM15 to have) 3 times. The bulb should light up. 

Now the LM15 is programmed, move it where you want to use it.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

pranderson

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 01:03:10 PM »

Okay, this is confusing...at least for me.  I have 2 ActiveEye Motion Sensor (MS16A) and a TM751 Transceiver, and four socket rockets (LM15A).  I have my house set to A.  I used the default A1 for on motion sensor and the socket rockets for one room.  now I want to move forward and set my other two socket rockets to A2 (or anything other than A1).  I do also have the remote control from a previous purchase (UR78A).  I do not see any way to get the remaining two socket rockets to code knowing I don't have any controllers unless you count the remote, which I am not sure how to use that to code the socket rockets without changing the orginial socket rockets....help please, I sat on the support line for 45 minutes priot to the line getting picked up only to be told that was strange and first test them all on A1 to make sure they work, then call her back directly (which the ext only rolls me back to the main line).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »

First I would sat away from A2. Reason is the motion sensors use the next highest address A2 for a dusk dawn sensor. At dusk the motion sensor on A1 will send an A2 on and at dawn an A2 off. Unless you wanted the two on A2 to act that way.

The TM751 can transceive all 16 unit codes for the house code it is set to.

The VK59A Users Manual on pages 18-23 explain how the UR78A controls X10 devices.

Put the Socket Rocket in a lamp near the TM751.

Using the UR78A Push the X10 Button.
Then the #2  Button to select unit code 2.
Power on the lamp.
Send the A2 On code three times with in the first 30 seconds by pushing the Channel + button [is the X10 On] three times and it should program the Socket Rocket to A2.
Just remember motion sensor on A1 uses A2 for Dusk Dawn.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:45:34 PM by Brian H »

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 01:28:51 PM »

turn off light switch to only the fixtures that will contain the socket rockets you want to program.
screw in socket rockets and light bulbs where you want it.
turn on light switch that only controls the fixtures containing the socket rockets you want to program
within 30 seconds, send it A2/on, A2/on, A2/on from any source*

*i've programmed these with a maxi controller, mini controller, and even my HA software. Its not even a big deal.

Mel99

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »

X10 wiki has the following:  (This is how I program Socket Rockets)

If you purchased an ActiveHome Pro kit without a remote, you can still program your LM15A by initially defining it as a Chime Module. You will also need a small lamp.

1.Expand the Modules category in the Group Pane (left side of the screen) and click on the Other subcategory. Drag the SC546A Remote Chime (it receives only an On command, necessary to LM15A programming) to the top half of the screen. Select the House and Unit code you want your LM15A at, and hit OK.
2.Without the Socket Rocket installed, confirm that the lamp is turned on; then unplug it from the wall without turning it off.
3.Remove the bulb, screw in the Socket Rocket, and screw the bulb back in.
4.Plug the lamp into the closest outlet to the ActiveHome Pro Computer Interface-ideally, one in the same outlet pair. Immediately start clicking repeatedly on the Remote Chime icon. Continue clicking until the lamp comes on or thirty seconds have passed.
5.Right-click on the Remote Chime and select Edit Module. Change the Type of Module to Lamps, then change Module to Socket Rocket and click OK.

Mel99

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »

First I would sat away from A2. Reason is the motion sensors use the next highest address A2 for a dusk dawn sensor. At dusk the motion sensor on A1 will send an A2 on and at dawn an A2 off. Unless you wanted the two on A2 to act that way.

To expand a little on Brian's post -

Keep an accurate record of all your motion sensors' addresses.  The next unit code will be the dusk/dawn one.  For example, I had a MS set for P16 for testing.  Good ol' Murphy taught me that P1 was also in play for the MS.  It is possible to disable this feature - but you must remember to do it for all battery changes.

Mel

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.