Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zone LED shows open Door / Window but there is a catch.  (Read 22597 times)

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Zone LED shows open Door / Window but there is a catch.
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »

Well moving the Sensor worked for one whole day. I have now came to the conclusion that that Door / Windor sensor has a problem or the Console has a problem with Zone #6. I really hope it is (was) the sensor as I replaced it today and had the joy of doing a re-install on all of the sensors and of course doing the message over along the the out going phone numbers.

Installed my first PR511 motion sensor floodlights this evening. Here is hoping it behaves itself.

Replacement Door / Window Sensor still doing well 5-2-2010
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:26:00 PM by everydayflyer »

everydayflyer

Re: Zone LED shows open Door ,Replaced Sensor problem solved.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 09:59:52 AM »

It has now been 5 days since I replaced the Door /Window Sensor on Zone 6 ,the aluminum out building and it continues to work perfectly.

All of that adding an antenna, going to higher voltage ,extending the switch leads to my Shop to give the Sensor a clean RF path to the Console was an excise in futility.  Next time I will try a different sensor first.

5-7-2010 It has now been 12 days since Door/Windows sensor was replaced and it is still working 100%.

5-12-2010 Replacement Door /Windor Sensor still doing great.

I checked voltage of Eneloops in my Shop Door/Window Sensor today and they are still 2.62 volts so no change  for one month now.

Charles
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:59:07 PM by everydayflyer »

everydayflyer

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »

Replacement Door / Window sensor continues to work perfectly.
Checked voltage of Sanyo Eneloops and they are still 2.62 so no change in right at two months.

The single cell LiFePO4 2300 mAh  on another Door /Window sensor is holding 3.4 volts.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 11:28:15 PM »

....  so no change in right at two months.

Good Helpful follow-up.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

everydayflyer

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 08:58:26 PM »

Here is anothe Sanyo Eneloop battery update.

These were installed on 4-15-10 and on 4-21 two of my out buildins Door / Window sensors were knocked out by a near lighten strike that also blew the fuse on the main power line that feeds the transformer.

As I had to replce the sensors I installed freshly charged AA Eneloops and then recharged the ones which had been in service for 3 months and 6 days. It only took 174 mAh average (166 and 176) to recharge them. At this rate of discharge they should last for approx. 3 years between recharges but I plan on recharging the about every six months or so anyway.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.