Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EagleEye Options  (Read 2350 times)

bruberg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
EagleEye Options
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:46:19 PM »

I have WS467 wall switches set to turn on at dusk and off at 11:00pm.
Can I have an EagleEye motion sensor turn lights on after 11:00pm till dawn ???
Thanks Ahead of Time,
Bruberg

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: EagleEye Options
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:28:10 AM »

Sure. Just don't try to make it too simple... or all in one macro. I am not saying this is the only.. or even best way to do this. It is how I would do it.

• I would add to your 11 pm timer... and have it turn a fake monitored appliance module ON (same time it turns the WS467 off).
  • I would place that fake monitored appliance module in the same "room" that the WS467 is that you want to control.
  • In the same room add the House Unit address of the motion sensor (don't use the WS467 H/U address) as a trigger for a new macro.
  • Make this macro a conditional macro. The motion sensor triggers the macro IF (the condition) the fake monitored appliance module is also ON (which means it is past 11pm and the WS467 has been turned off).

You will then need to create a macro for OFF.. triggered by the motion sensors OFF signal. Remember... it will also need to be a conditional macro based on the past 11pm time (the fake monitored appliance module).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:33:10 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bruberg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: EagleEye Options
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 12:01:20 PM »

Sure. Just don't try to make it too simple... or all in one macro. I am not saying this is the only.. or even best way to do this. It is how I would do it.

• I would add to your 11 pm timer... and have it turn a fake monitored appliance module ON (same time it turns the WS467 off).
  • I would place that fake monitored appliance module in the same "room" that the WS467 is that you want to control.
  • In the same room add the House Unit address of the motion sensor (don't use the WS467 H/U address) as a trigger for a new macro.
  • Make this macro a conditional macro. The motion sensor triggers the macro IF (the condition) the fake monitored appliance module is also ON (which means it is past 11pm and the WS467 has been turned off).

You will then need to create a macro for OFF.. triggered by the motion sensors OFF signal. Remember... it will also need to be a conditional macro based on the past 11pm time (the fake monitored appliance module).

Thank You Dave, I'll try the suggestions and post results

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.