Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pan and Tilt Base  (Read 21381 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Pan and Tilt Base
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »

I have a couple of these things set up with cameras and am finding that when I use the CR12A to turn on one particular camera and then use the CR14A to start rotating the pan n tilt base that it's on, all the other pan n tilt bases start to rotate as well. Is there a way to only control one pan n tilt base at a time? I don't want all of them rotating at the same time!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Pan and Tilt Base
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »

The KM14A Ninja power supplies are all set to separate Unit Codes, right?
http://software.x10.com/pub/manuals/vk75a-om.pdf
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 01:08:15 PM »

If all four are on the same house code and all with in the same unit code group of 1-4,5-8,9-12 or 13-16. Turning on one should turn off the other three automatically. The on and off control is by power line signals so there could be a problem with some not turning off. If more than one is active and receive the CR14s control signals. They will move together.

birdzeye

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 03:58:06 PM »

D1 wired x10cam on ninja pan&tilt, B2 wireless x10cam on pan&tilt, B10 wireless cam on pan&tilt.

I have found that when viewing and rotating B2, D1 will also rotate!

Also, when using the CR14A, housecode B, I assumed that if I press C2 that camera B2 would come on, but instead camera B5 comes on. What the hey is going on?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:44:50 PM by birdzeye »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:44:52 PM »

But that won't work. I guess I should have said separate and SEQUENTIAL Unit Codes.

Like Brian said and like the instructions read:

"You connect each camera (up to 4) to its own Pan 'n Tilt Base, plug each one into an Addressable Power Supply, and set each to a different number between 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, or 13-16."

The same House Code must be used for the cameras, bases, and the remote controls.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

birdzeye

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 06:14:06 PM »

dave w,

Why would B2 be controlling D1? They are separate house codes!

I need the wired cam on D1 to be on all the time, which is why I have it on a separate house code.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »

Because you turned On B2 but D1 stays On as it was not turned off.
Any Ninja base that is On will follow the pan and tilt commands. As they do not use any house code in their command and the power line command to turn On B2 does not turn Off D2. It would only turn off B1,B3 and B4.
Is there any way to power the wired camera from its own supply so its Ninja could be powered by one of the B1-B4 group?

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Ninja_Pan/Tilt_Base
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Ninja_Base_Camera_Switching

You may want to look at the manual for the C2 turned on C5. There is a sequence of button pushes that can shift the normal C1 -C4 buttons to the other three Unit Code groups of 5-8,9-12 and 13-16 from the default 1-4.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:43:37 PM by Brian H »

birdzeye

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »

Because you turned On B2 but D1 stays On as it was not turned off.
Any Ninja base that is On will follow the pan and tilt commands. As they do not use any house code in their command and the power line command to turn On B2 does not turn Off D2. It would only turn off B1,B3 and B4.
Is there any way to power the wired camera from its own supply so its Ninja could be powered by one of the B1-B4 group?

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Ninja_Pan/Tilt_Base
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Ninja_Base_Camera_Switching

You may want to look at the manual for the C2 turned on C5. There is a sequence of button pushes that can shift the normal C1 -C4 buttons to the other three Unit Code groups of 5-8,9-12 and 13-16 from the default 1-4.

OK thanks for explaining this! I guess I could power the camera separately but then I'd have to use 2 electrical outlets instead of one, which is believe it or not a bit of a problem. Any suggestions for this, other than adding more electrical outlets or using an adapter which sticks out like a sore thumb?

But back to the sets of 4 cameras, if I had for example 8 cameras b1-4 and b5-8, does this mean that if camera 5 in on, it will only go off if I turn on b6-8, but it will stay on if I turn on B1-4?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »

Yes that is correct on the code groups.
Now the X10 CR13A Camera Remote can do up to 16 cameras. It does not do pan and tilt.

birdzeye

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »

Yes that is correct on the code groups.
Now the X10 CR13A Camera Remote can do up to 16 cameras. It does not do pan and tilt.

OK. This is good to know for setting up macros properly too. BTW the PalmPad can control 16 cameras as well can't it?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »

The Palm Pad can send all 16 Unit Codes in one House Code. So it could turn the addresssable power suplies for cameras on and off. You just have to remember the groups one on other three go off with out the need of an off.

birdzeye

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 07:34:48 PM »

The Palm Pad can send all 16 Unit Codes in one House Code. So it could turn the addresssable power suplies for cameras on and off. You just have to remember the groups one on other three go off with out the need of an off.

Is there a way to get an entire group of 4 cameras (e.g. b1-4) to shut off by using 1 command in a macro, to make the macro easier?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 07:49:58 PM »

Is there a way to get an entire group of 4 cameras (e.g. b1-4) to shut off by using 1 command in a macro, to make the macro easier?

All units off.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

birdzeye

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 11:21:05 PM »

All units off.

I probably didn't explain this well....what I meant was, if I want, say, camera b6 on but some other camera from out of b6's group of 4 (b5 to b8 ) is on, how do I turn off groups b1-4, b9-12 etc without turning off b6?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:14:14 PM by birdzeye »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 11:26:19 AM »

I probably didn't explain this well....what I meant was, if I want, say, camera b6 on but some other camera from out of b6's group of 4 (b5 to 8) is on, how do I turn of groups b1-4, b9-12 etc without turning off b6?

Let me see if I understand. So you apparently have several groups of cameras... and you have a way of viewing whichever camera is ON... but with several groups... it can be unruly to get the wrong groups of cameras off... and the correct camera ON. This would also be really difficult if your trying to have motion sensors switch cameras.

If you have 16 cameras.... you could write 16 Redirected Commands . So pressing [say] A1 on... would trigger a macro... that would send the all units off and then send B1 On (see image below). This could be useful for sensor switching... as well as manual scanning.

steven r fully describes the Redirected Command here:  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=13873.msg76913#msg76913

The new redirected commands would not effect normal useage. So if you currently have your most used cameras on [say] B1-4... you could still scan through the B1-B4 cameras with a ScanPad set to "B". If you have a certain camera (like the front door camera) that you like on.. by default. You can create a timer or two that sends the redirect command to that camera a couple times a day. I use a dusk/dawn sensor to reset a condition to its default.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:48:33 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.