Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advise before buying alarm system and floodlights question (pr511)  (Read 4756 times)

elhajjar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hello,

I want secure my house, my driveway and garden.

I am planning to buy the 29 pieces alarm system pack (149.99$) to securing my interior house when I am outside,
plus 2 times of floodlights pack (Outdoor Floodlight Motion Detector PR511, Socket Rocket Light Module, Sensor Chime)  to secure my driveway,
plus 2 times of Eagle Motion Sensor pack (12.99$ : EagleEye Motion Sensor, Sensor Chime,  Small Wireless Transceiver) to be notified during the day in front of my house or in the back.

My questions :
1- Do I have to consider some thing before  buying?
2- Can I have interference with my choice?
3- Batteries consuming? (If I install all sensor, I need over 40 batteries).
4- For Outdoor floodlight pr511, can I program it to this option : turn on light for x seconds in dusk when motion sensor detects some thing, AND ring the chime all day when motion sensor detects, AND socket rocket light module turn on when it is dusk time + motion sensor dectected.
5- Any advice will be appreciated?

Thanks,

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Advise before buying alarm system and floodlights question (pr511)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »

turn on light for x seconds in dusk when motion sensor detects some thing

Only if you add Dusk to Dawn unit or the screw in lamp holders which have dust to dawn.

PR511 will only transmit a signal 24/7 if set so lights allways come on when triggered the extra Dush to Dawn keeps the bulbs turned of. Such will cost about $10 to $15 at Hardware or Builders Supply type store.

Interference is a tuff question for me to answer.
I am still having issues myself. Houshold  Door?Windows and Fllods worked great. I add a Transceiver and Eagle Eyes and created issues.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 03:24:22 PM by everydayflyer »

elhajjar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 05:46:53 PM »

Thanks to your answer.

I am surprise that the PR511 can not do these actions :

- Night : Turn on the lights of floodlight when its sensor detects movements.
AND
- Day and Night triggers signal to the chime to play.
AND
- Night  : triggers to Socket Rocket Light Module to turn on light.

My object that to turn on light in my drive way when it is dark and play the chime every time (when the sensor motion detects movement).  What's do I have to buy?

Thanks,

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 07:34:54 PM »

That is the way we all wished they would work but they will not.  You can purchase Dusk to Dawn sockets which are made to turn regular lighting fixtures such as front porch lightening into auto Dusk to Dawn.  Screw one of these into each socket of the PR511 and screw the bulbs into these sockets and then set PR511 to Dawn (Daylight / allways on) .

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.