Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle-eye sending ON command to next sequential at the same time as OFF?  (Read 2837 times)

AHPUSER606

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I am trying to add a an eagle-eye motion sensors to turn on a bedroom light as you enter the room.  I have set  the codes for the particular module and the ON command executes, but when the motion sensor sends the OFF command to the module in question (F5)  it then sends an ON command to the next sequential module (F6).

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX

I am trying to add a an eagle-eye motion sensors to turn on a bedroom light as you enter the room.  I have set  the codes for the particular module and the ON command executes, but when the motion sensor sends the OFF command to the module in question (F5)  it then sends an ON command to the next sequential module (F6).

The Eagle Eye (and other X10 Motion sensors) have a built-in light sensor intended for Dusk/Dawn detection.  This sends to the motion detection  (address + 1) as you have observed.  You can either ignore the light signal or you can open the case of the Eagle Eye and stick a piece of black tape over the light sensor.   The light sensor component is the metal can device with a meander line (/\/\/) in its window.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

MichaelHlubb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

The Eagle Eyes I just bought came with the Night Detection +1 programing set to off as default.

WIth instructions on how to set the progaming to turn this feature on if needed.

No need to open the montion sensor to change the setting, at least not on new ones

it may be something else sending the ON when the eagle eye sends the off. Did you setup any Macros to trigger when the motion sensor sends the OFF signal?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX

The Eagle Eyes I just bought came with the Night Detection +1 programing set to off as default.

WIth instructions on how to set the progaming to turn this feature on if needed.

No need to open the montion sensor to change the setting, at least not on new ones

it may be something else sending the ON when the eagle eye sends the off. Did you setup any Macros to trigger when the motion sensor sends the OFF signal?

Are you sure you have the MS14A "Eagle Eye" and not the MS16A "Active Eye"?

If that's the case, then good old X-10 has done it again - made a major change in functionality without notice and without changing the part number.  According to this:
  http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Comparison_of_All_Motion_Sensors
dawn/dusk detection in the MS14A "Eagle Eye" is fixed and enabled - only in the MS16A "Active Eye" can this function be disabled.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.