Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Newbie can't program homelink to operate lights  (Read 11232 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Newbie can't program homelink to operate lights
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »

gagets

Unless Homelink comes in different flavors, I don't know why you need the 30001. I do not have one.  I have three button Homelink in a 2008 Sonota. My one X10 programmed button learned directly from my Palm Pad. My CM15A receives the Homelink / X10 transmissions. My Homeseer system sees the PLC from the CM15A and identifies the proper HCUC as "ON" when I push the HomeLink X10 button. I only use the CM15A as a tranceiver, but that should not make a difference. Sorry I have not helped.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

leonpc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 03:58:48 AM »

Hi Gadget,

I have had 2 Acuras that I had programmed to use with X10. Do not follow the instructions in the manual but use the instructions from the programming tab on the Homelink site.  I also used a PalmPad for programming and even though the PalmPad could control the lights from the garage the Homelink could not.  I had a spare RR501 laying around which I plugged in an outlet in the garage.  Since then it all works fine.

May not be much help but a least you know that the Homelink within the Acuras work with X10

Leon

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 11:37:55 AM »

OK, so I'm an idiot.  Wife bought a chrysler on friday with homelink.  Naturally I approved as I thought HL was x10 compatible with X10.  I'm trying to set it up with my ICON remote as the transmitter to be learned to no avail.  Can someone please hold my hand here?

BTW, I'll be hacking a remote starter (as soon as I pick up an extra) to work with X10.  Maybe this time I'll have enough forethought to take pics and write a tutorial. 

Seems that I can set up a car to work off of X10 with no problem, I just can't get my car to transmit x10 to the house.

Oh, yes.  I've tried the obvious.  The ICON will turn on the lights from the car.  Just can't get homelink to learn the x10.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 09:54:45 PM »

Got it working.  Here's how:

Follow the Canadian programming guidelines found int he owner's manual.  While the Homelink is in learn mode, pulse the hand-held transmitter at 2 second intervals.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

MichaelHlubb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 06:45:41 AM »

Just checked the HomeLink site, it's not compatible with X10.

http://www.homelink.com/brands/lighting.tml  :'

I got an error with the above link. I was able to get to the HomeLink Main page  http://www.homelink.com then I scrolled to the bottom of the page and clicked on Compatible Brands resulting in this link http://www.homelink.com/partners.php On that page, choosing Home Lighting causes a pop up window with their partners lists, and shows a link to X10 Pro.

So Along with Dave, I'd say yes to Homelink working with X-10

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 10:04:35 PM »

Hello?  It works great here.  I'm using a CM15A as the transceiver.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.