Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need to turn off certain lights after 10 minutes  (Read 3656 times)

mrosbrook

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need to turn off certain lights after 10 minutes
« on: May 23, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »

I have a PLW01 in my bathroom (A1) and a Rocket Socket in my overhead lamp (B3). I want each one of these lights to turn off after 10 minutes. How can i accomplish this through either macros or flags?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Need to turn off certain lights after 10 minutes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:36:03 PM »

What is turning on the modules. Like a trigger from a motion sensor or a controller?
You messages hints you have AHP and a CM15A.
Do you have any of the add on programs like Smart Macros?

The more information you can provide the better we can help you.

mrosbrook

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:31:27 PM »

I have a cm15a controller that included Active Home Pro with Smart Macros.

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »

Whatever you are using to trigger the lights to come on (e.g. motion sensor), use that to trigger the lights and a macro.  For example if your light is on B1, and your motion sensor is set to trigger B1 to turn on.  Create a smart macro with a trigger of B1 On.  Where it says "Drag modules here", Click and drag "DELAY" to that box and set it to 10 minutes.  Next, at the top in the drop down box that says "Conditions", select the room (e.g. Bathroom) where the light module is stored.  Drag the module B1 under your delay and select to turn that module off.

Now when you enter the room, the motion sensor will trigger the lights on and start the macro which will wait 10 minutes and shut the light off.  Motion sensors like the MS14A can be set to automatically send an OFF signal after a set amount of time.  This can be a problem if the motion sensor is set to shut off after 4 minutes and your macro is set for 10 minutes.  You would be expecting it to shut off after 10 minutes because of your macro, but it would shut off after 4 minutes because of the sensor.  The MS14A sensor can be set  to 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 16, 32, 54, 128, and 256 minute delay intervals. 

The other thing to watch out for on some motion sensors is the dusk/dawn feature, but I'll let you read up on that one. Click here for the MS13A and MS14A manual
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

mrosbrook

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 02:35:10 PM »

That seems to work fine. However, I am also using a HR12A remote. If I have the trigger set to B1 "on", the B1 "on" command no longer works on my HR12A. The remote sends the commands to the interface ( I can see it working on the conifer) but the signal is not going to the module. I replicated this situation with A1 and had the same issue. It appears a conflict is being created. 

Orac

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »

Hi,

I'm a newbie as well so what my advice could be completely wrong!

I discovered that when using macros that are set to 'store in interface' that if you do not do a 'tools -> download timers and macros' after any change that you seem to get really random results. I have fixed many problems by making sure I do a download before trying anything.

Cheers

Andy

mrosbrook

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 04:12:56 PM »

Thanks for the advice, but I am currently doing that now.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.