Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 6 wireless cameras + motion sensors  (Read 8658 times)

bud229

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
6 wireless cameras + motion sensors
« on: June 02, 2010, 12:42:44 AM »

??? I wanted to know if anybody out there would know why this happened today I put all of the wireless cameras up last month they all worked real good on the computer and the tv with the remote now today I hooked up the VCR commander up and set each motion sensor up for each camera A1 A2 A3 A4 and set it up for the VCR commander and I checked each of the motion sensors and they turned on the camera that I wanted and turned my DVR and started recording so I went outside and mounted each motion sensor up by that camera so after I got all of that done I waited about a hour the cameras all went off so I took a walk outside and walked by the motion sensor so it turned on that camera like it was so pose to but it would not turn the VCR commander on so I went back outside walked by one of the other motion sensors and it would turn the camera on but not the vcr commander so I waited a while then it started raining then all the cameras came on at once don't know why that happened so I unplugged them so they would go off plugged back in they still did them same thing I couldn't turn them off with the remote I even went and tried on the computer to see if I could go to each camera that would not work ether it would just come in with a ghosting from the other 5 cameras.
So if anybody could tell me what I could try I haven't changed where they are plug ed in they all plug into the same outlet I even tried plugging into the outlet and take the plug strip off.
And also the remote is working because it turned the transceiver on and off and the computer did the same thing.
Anybody have any idea what I could do to get these cameras to work right and the VCR commander to work?   

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: 6 wireless cameras + motion sensors
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 06:23:34 AM »

VCR Commander UX21 or VCR Commander 2 UX23?

Motion Sensors have a dusk dawn feature. At dusk it sends an On to its address +1 unit code. At dawn it sends an Off.
So your A1 motion sensor at dusk sends an A2 On well that is your second camera. The A2 Motion sensor then sends an A3 On at Dusk and that is your camera 3. When it started to rain. It probably got dark enough to start triggering the Dusk Sensor and sending On commands that other cameras saw as an On command.

When you tested the system and the Motion Sensors where close to the VCR Commander the system functioned but outside it did not.
The RF commands from the sensors may not be getting back to the VCR Commander but are to the TM751 as the cameras switched.
Are the TM751 and VCR Commander close to each other?

What Motion Sensor do you have? EagleEye is the most common and has no settings other than address. The ActiveEye has added things like disable dusk dawn and motion detection conditions.

Cameras work in groups of four. Same House Code and Unit 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. A powerline On to any in the group will turn the other three off. Cameras not in the same group will not turn off and must be turned off by a separate powerline command.
At power up the cameras default to On so until one is address all of them maybe On.

Are your other cameras on A5 and A6?
What software are you using to normally control them?
What remote do you have? Only the CR13A ScanPad Director can directly control more than one group of four cameras. The CR12A can do one group of four. My thought is you are not turning off the cameras in the A5-A8 group with the A1-A4 camera commands and they are stepping on each other.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:05:50 AM by Brian H »

bud229

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »

Brian H
The motion sensors are the Eagle Eye.
The TMJ751 is only about maybe 6 foot apart from the VCR Commander.
Yeah my other camera's are 5 and 6.
This is how I have the motion sensors hooked up they are on cameras A1 A2 A3 A6.
A1 is on the south side of my house
A2 is on the east side of my house.
A3 is on the west side of my house.
And A6 on on the north side of my house.
Also I do have a ActiveEye motion sensor but I don't have it hooked up.
The 2 remotes that I have are the Model CR13A.
And the other one is model CR14A.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »

The dusk / dawn on the Eagle eyes can be disabled. Remove the case and put black electrical tape over the  daylight sensor. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »

Thank you for the list of devices you have.
It should help in finding information on your problem.

There are some VCR Commander tip here, that may help:
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/VCR_Commander

Multi-Camera help here:
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Wireless_Cameras

I am hoping someone with milti-cameras in action can give you added assistance.

bud229

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 12:31:51 AM »

Brian H
This is what I tried today I took one of the motion sensors down and I reprogrammed 2 of them and they both worked fine now when I tried to program the 3rd one that's on camera A2 it will not program in the VCR commander.
It will turn on camera A2 but it will not turn on the VCR commander.
So anyway I left the motion sensors hooked up on camera A1 and A6 and both of them are turning on the VCR commander and they are working good but I don't know why the other 2 motion sensors A2 and A3 won't turn the VCR commander on.
Is there any other Idea's that I can try to get the other 2 to work with the VCR commander ???

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.