Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Disarming by macro works with hack, but Macro not Arming DX7000  (Read 6176 times)

Bruno B

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Good Afternoon,

After several hours of playing with conditions, I got most of my project working... Here's the back ground:

I have ActiveHome Pro with all the plugins and a CM15A.
I also have the DX7000 Voice Dialing Security console and a number of remotes. (All these items have been installed in AHP)

My goal is to be able to arm and disarm the DX7000 with macros and link them to other events or permit me to arm and disarm online. There are risks with this, so I included a safety.

I purchased an AM-486 appliance module and set it to code I8 (let's say). I also purchased a PUM01 (low voltage switch), set it to F4 (let's say) and plugged it into the appliance switch. Then, I hacked a KR10A (remote). I soldered wires from the disarm switch in the remote and hooked them up to the PUM01 contacts.

Theory of operation: On whatever condition I set, a macro starts which turns the appliance module on I8-ON - providing power to the PUM01. Then, on a 1 second delay, the PUM01 is turned on F4-ON in momentary mode, which in turn triggers the disarm on the KR10A, and disarms the DX7000, then the PUM01 of turned off, and a second later, the appliance module is turned OFF. This works like a charm!! It has the added safety of having to turn on the appliance module before the PUM01 can be triggered and disarm the system.

The problems actually comes in trying to arm the system!!!

I created a macro that, on certain conditions, will run (and it does). In the macro, I simply give it the ARM AWAY (and have the SH624 selected). When the conditions are right, the macro runs, but the DX7000 never arms. I even added command to turn a light on after the ARM command - to verify AHP was going down the list. Set the conditions, the macro ran, the light turned on, but no arming occurred....???

Any ideas? I thought the disarm was going to be the hard part.

Thanks for any help.

Bruno

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Disarming by macro works with hack, but Macro not Arming DX7000
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:32:01 PM »

Did you also hack another KR10A to Arm Away ?  In other words is the "hack" across the arming contacts ?  Forgive me if I'm sounding slow - just checking.
Have you tried another outlet ? I assume the hacked arming remote has been installed in both OnAlert and the Dx7000.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »

Set your PS561 Console to the Install mode and run your Arm Macro. You should hear the ding of the AHP version of the remote being registered. Then place the PS561 Console back to your normal Run mode. Your Arm Macro should then work as expected.

Bruno B

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 11:06:42 PM »

Ahhhh!  B:(  Silly me.

Puck: Of course. I don't know why I didn't think to do this. It works great now!!! Thank you so much.

JMac: No, I only have the disarm button connected to a PUM01. Since AHP can arm in a macro, but can't disarm, I only needed to come up with a hardware hack to disarm.

Project complete!!! Thank you X10 community!!!   >!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.