Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What do I need?  (Read 5498 times)

Bub

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: What do I need?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 09:13:55 PM »

I discovered a pretty cheap way to use as many loud sirens as you want triggered by x-10 motions without a control panel or siren drivers etc.

I just use an appliance module (AM466) with a 24VAC Transformer plugged into it. Then run several Gentex 12/24VDC Multi-tone Mini Horns directly off the transformer.

With the appliance module you need codes transmitted to it on the power lines so I use an All Housecode RF Transceiver & PowerLinc II (WGL 30015) which has good reception up to 150' without many obstacles to receive the motion detector's RF signals. You can use a key chain remote (keyfob) to turn it off, and unplug the transformer or appliance module when the area or building is in use.

The Gentex GX91/GX93 is listed for use with both filtered and unfiltered power and is a commercial fire alarm siren. They are really cheap too. It is also the only siren I've found to work directly off 12 or 24 Volts without a control panel or siren drivers and the AC to DC difference doesn't affect it either.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.