Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SC1200 External Antenna Mod  (Read 8662 times)

ronski1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC1200 External Antenna Mod
« on: April 22, 2013, 08:12:53 PM »

Well just added an external antenna to the SC1200 console and increased the range 3 - 4 times.  When I first set the console up I could barely get it to work inside my 1200 sq ft house, some sensors 20' away. I didn't want to have a 38" wire hanging out the back.  Had a used Uniden telephone base Model # TRU-448 that had a external antenna.  Removed it from the base and it had a 6" wire whip attached.  Drilled a hole (3/8") in the center of the left hand side of the bottom part of the console.  Ran a screw up through the bottom of the unit to secure the antenna.  Spliced and soldered the wire whip to the existing wire antenna that runs along the edge of the top half.   Shrink tubed the splice then ran the wire back along the edge, then above the PC board in the upper half, coming out where the Piazo Horn is located.  Snapped it all back together and there you have it, a external antenna that swivels and now picks up sensors and key fobs 150' +/- away outside my home.  The antenna has a plastic cover so the line voltage problem is solved.  Looks like you can pick these antennas up on the internet for around $12.00  Don't know how or why it works, I will leave it to you smart guys to figure it out.  Had some great pictures to post of it but was told that "Newbies" can't post pictures.   Want to see them, email me and I will send them to you, maybe you can re-post them.  Other than that I also used this post  >http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=26293.0< as a beginning as it also has great pictures in its post.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:49:37 AM by ronski1 »

AntneR

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: SC1200 External Antenna Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 01:41:22 PM »

Mr. Ronski1,

Can you email me those pictures? antner@comcast.net
Also, someone on here had suggested a plain old extendable antenna(like on one of those small battery powered portable TV's). Will something like that work as well?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.