Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Timer does not work  (Read 29431 times)

sir_rob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Timer does not work
« on: June 08, 2010, 02:44:05 PM »

I have active Home Pro installed.  When I click on the light switches, the lights turn on and off, but when I set up a timer to turn a light on at a set time, nothing happens.  Any ideas?  The light is set to turn on everyday at 7:00 am and turn off at 8:00am.  Thanks for the help.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Timer does not work
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Creating_A_Timer
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro
Maybe some tips in the above links.
Are you are downloading the timer after creation?

sir_rob

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 03:54:42 PM »

Thank you for the quick response and the links.  Unfortunately I could not find the solution to my problem.  I am downloading the timer after creating it.

Update:  The software DOES show a change in state on the correct unit (45 seconds later than expected), but the hardware does not respond.  This is strange because if I manually click the same unit, it will turn on and off perfectly via the software interface.  Why does a manual click of the mouse work, but a timer that shows that it is working in the software not control the hardware?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:14:22 PM by sir_rob »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »

What version of AHP do you have?   I presume you do not have Active Home, as that's been out of production for several years.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

sir_rob

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »

Active Home Professional version 3.236.  I just installed it a few days ago.  I even have MyHouse functioning, but I just cannot get timers to work.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 07:23:54 PM »

a 45 second differential can be expected.

What happens when you redefine the light module in the software as an appliance module and run the timer?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 07:27:15 PM »

3.236 is a BUGGY release of AHP, here is the solution:  Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for ahp_updt_204.exe.  Save that and install it over what you have now, it will not harm your .ahx files.   When 3.204 is installed, use the update link in AHP to update AHP to version 3.228, the last good version of AHP.

sir_rob

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 07:35:29 PM »

It works if I set up the switch as an appliance switch instead of the actual type of light switch that it is.  Thanks for the advice.  I will now download the older version of the software and try again.  Thanks for the help!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 08:01:35 PM »

You might need to try and define the light unit as a 2-way module.  This may or may not work.

I've also had luck by checking the "issue on instead of bright 100%" tab, but others have reported to the contrary.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

sir_rob

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »

Now running version 3.228.  The timer does not work with light switches again in exactly the same manner in which it failed with version 3.236.  It will work with appliance modules, just not light switches.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 10:07:02 PM »

Can you give us what the timer does?  I have timers with both lamp and appliance modules (Each module must have its own timers, they cannot be shared) and all work exactly the way they were set up.

sir_rob

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 12:17:21 AM »

The unit is a WS467.  The timer is set to "Turn on at 7:00 AM, off at 8:00 AM, Daily".

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 08:00:47 PM »

A one hour timer to a WS467 should not be a problem. Our Master Bedroom has such a timer attached to a WS467.  The timer turns on at 6:15AM weekdays and off at 7:40AM weekdays only.  A second timer turns the lights on at 7:15AM Sundays and off at 8:24AM Sundays.  Both timers were imported from Active Home when I got AHP.

I suspect your timer got corrupted somehow (possibly from 3.236), I suggest copying the current timer to paper, then delete it and rebuild it.

sir_rob

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 11:25:07 PM »

I have deleted and re-created the modules and the timers.  Nothing seems to change their behavior.  It is so strange because everything works great if I click on the modules or if I set everything up as appliances, but if I try to use timers with light or lamp modules, the timers do not have any affect on the hardware.  Any other ideas?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 01:01:14 AM »

I have deleted and re-created the modules and the timers.  Nothing seems to change their behavior.  It is so strange because everything works great if I click on the modules or if I set everything up as appliances, but if I try to use timers with light or lamp modules, the timers do not have any affect on the hardware.  Any other ideas?

As Knightrider pointed out above, check your settings in the AHP Tools menu and make sure the check-box to "issue on instead of bright 100%" is checked.

This helps with some types of light modules.

Another frequent issue is that if you create a macro and then change the trigger, AHP gets confused, and will show the macro firing, but won't actually run the macro and send the commands.

>!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:05:58 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.