Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to use your Palm Pre' to run AHP.  (Read 2409 times)

geeforce

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
How to use your Palm Pre' to run AHP.
« on: December 25, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »

The palm app. store offers a app call remotewin for $4.99. The app will allow the user to control their computer. This requires portforwarding to work.
I have AHP installed on my system and included my lamp modules in my room's setup and tested it. It worked very well i could turn my lights on and off. I used remotewin first behind my firewall to try an operate my lights and it worked. I tried it with my WiFi turned off and it worked. I spent Xmas with my girl in another county and tried the remotewin software. I was able to turn on my bedroom lights to check the room with my cameras and tried the other rooms as well and it worked without a problem.
This software is not without some faults. It is slow to refresh but it does refresh. I had to us the highest refresh rate it has to get it to work comfortably. Double taps are extremely hard to pull off. So i would leave AHP open were single taps were only needed. I only minimized and maximize on my screen. Also it is not good for viewing the cameras so i used iwatchmobile in conjunction with it. I would have the iwatchmobile card open and remotewin's card open and would switch from one to the other.
I would love it if X10 could include this controll with iwatchmobile. That would be great. I didn't really check if this software was compatible with other phones, but here is their web link http://www.deepthoughtsoftware.com/RemoteWin. It is best to get it from the app store first. hope this will help others or give you some ideas.

geeforce

Re: How to use your Palm Pre' to run AHP.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 02:41:44 PM »

I just discovered that onalertmobile has this function. Back to the X10 store.  :)%

geeforce

Re: How to use your Palm Pre' to run AHP.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 04:20:01 PM »

i just tries onalertmobile it works better and faster. It works as advertised. I can turn my light on/off and turn my alarm on/off with the touch of one button. Remotewin maybe used for opening the program. If you can pull off double taps.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.