Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some lamp modules don't control through CM15A controller  (Read 8933 times)

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Re: Some lamp modules don't control through CM15A controller
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »

May I please have a copy of your initial response?

Another response has been sent.  Please let me know if that didn't make it through either, and I will send it through a PM here.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »

Bob338; My AT&T Yahoo email has a separate spam folder. If your provider has one and doesn't just discard what it thinks is spam. You may find Jeff's responses in your spam area.

Heck mine sometimes puts known OK emails in the spam area if its filters see some  phrases.  ::)

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 07:34:47 PM »

Heck mine sometimes puts known OK emails in the spam area if its filters see some  phrases.  ::)

As does my gmail. 
And don't get me started about Comcast - they prefer to filter legitimate email and let real spam on thru.

Hmmm - maybe they installed their spam filter upside down?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 07:44:25 PM »

As does my gmail. 
And don't get me started about Comcast - they prefer to filter legitimate email and let real spam on thru.

I have Comcast and they have NEVER filtered legitimate mail and let known spam through, in fact they have a service for users with a "secret" address (known only to customers) where they take spam apart, find out the address it came from first and then block that address from all Comcast mail servers. You never see that spam again. I still have a very good spam fighter and much of the time it has little to do.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Bob338

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 10:18:47 AM »

This is my thanks to all and particularly Jeff. I'm sure everyone has been unable to sleep wondering if my problem was resolved!(grin)

Jeff's mail WAS trapped in my spam filter a bit unusually, but he resent and I got his excellent suggestions. I had constant newbie problems, none related to equipment or software. Operator Error! But I bought the XTB-IIR to which I immediately installed a pigtail and connected at an outlet proximate to the distribution panel. After installation and checking to see if possibly there was shipping damage to the unit (none!) Jeff assisted and suggested it was a phasing problem. Smarthome had the easiest solution with their new gizmo that attaches to a 220 dryer outlet, also very near the distribution panel and which I don't use, and upon receipt and installation of it all problems resolved! (Except for the operator problems caused by some swapping of modules and not checking and changing the codes!)

In any case, thanks to all, and particularly Jeff. I've got exactly what I want and will now embark on expansion. THANKS!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:50 AM »

As I recall, you had a situation where you wanted to plug the XTB-IIR into a standard 120V receptacle.  It will certainly work that way, and I did that myself because all my X10 devices are on one phase.

Since you apparently have a convenient 240V receptacle, you could also have wired the XTB-IIR to a matching plug, and used it both as a 2-phase repeater and a passive coupler.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Bob338

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 04:37:26 PM »

Should have discussed that option with you though you did suggest using it as both the repeater and coupler. I'm happier this way as the XTB-IIR is in the garage next to the distribution panel and the coupler is inside in the laundry room where I use a gas dryer and don't even use the option on the plug. Plus both are out of sight. Just what I wanted, except for the slight extra expense.

In any case I'm happy with your help, your equipment and your very prompt attention to my problems. Thank you!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.