Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP and 64 bit windows 7  (Read 7723 times)

farmboy_46

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP and 64 bit windows 7
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »

I upgraded from a 32 bit OS to windows 7 64 bit OS and now I'm haveing a problem with AHP
not only did I lost all rooms and cameras and so on but when I click on the icon, I get this error that it's wrong format
I unstalled it and tryed to reinstall it but it wont install, the same error

is there a program upgrade that i have to get to run AHP on my new 64 bit windows 7?
just as a note... it did work fine for a week before all went south

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: AHP and 64 bit windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »

Farmboy_46 
Not sure I can help, but I'll try.  I recently went to Windows 7 (64 bit) from a Windows XP computer.  I didn't have any trouble moving AHP (software) to Windows 7.  I did have a backup of all my Rooms/Macros, etc. so that went smoothly.  But I did have to register my plug-ins in the new Windows 7 PC.  The only thing that I cannot get to work is my cameras.  The X10 drivers do not load into the Device Manager properly.  Therefore, I haven't been able to use my cameras.  Technical support has been of no help ...

How did you move AHP to your current OS?  I just moved my AHP software from the XP computer to the Windows 7 computer.  Did you re-register AHP and all Plug-ins on your new Windows 7 computer?  Perhaps something got corrupted after a week and that is why you are having trouble now.  Can you reload your software?  Were your cameras working during that week?  If so, how did you get the X10 drivers loaded.

Not much help ... but maybe with a little more information we can get it resolved.

cybergal

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 03:35:53 AM »

I did have three of my Sentinel cameras working in Windows 7 64 bit Active Home Pro (one went for repair before I started having trouble) and I have two Sentinels right now that I can't view in Active Home Pro.  I can view my floodcams in Active Home Pro but not two of my Sentinel cameras???  I was reading that with Windows 7 64 bit that you need 64 bit device drivers .... for example the VA12A needs device drivers so it would need 64 bit drivers and I don't see any 64 bit drivers on X10 website for the VA12A.  I see a 64bit driver download for Active Home Pro on X10's website though.  Maybe this is why I am having trouble?  I installed Active Home Pro, IWatchOut and all the plugins using Vista 64 compatibility mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

cybergal

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »

I figured out with help from X10 that my remaining two Sentinel Cameras are also now broken and that is why I can't view them in AHP.  In reinstalling Active Home Pro and all the plugins again on Windows 7 64bit my macros and modules disappeared as well and AHP crashed.  I installed the files as compatible with Vista SP2.  I called X10 and they are sending me new software for 64 bit Windows 7.  They said it was version 3.236 which I think I already have but maybe its not 64 bit?  I see 64 bit drivers on X10's software download page but its not version 3.236 its version 3.239???

X10 USB Wireless Remote Drivers:
CM15A, CM19A, ALL USB Transceivers Version 3.239 - Released Mar 23, 2009 - Windows XP, Vista 32/64 bit, Windows 7 32/64 bit
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

The file I received by email from X10 tech support is called x10drivers_x64.exe and I haven't installed it yet but I am about to.  I am not going to uninstall everything and start over again just going to try this file first.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 07:02:35 PM by cybergal »

Don N

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »

I would be interested in the x10drivers_x64.exe file and knowing if it works.  Also, let us know where in the Device Manager the driver for the VA12A is located once it's installed.  I haven't had any success.

cameo

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 05:57:54 PM »

Farmboy_46 
I just moved my AHP software from the XP computer to the Windows 7 computer.  Did you re-register AHP and all Plug-ins on your new Windows 7 computer? 

I am also considering moving my AHP from an old XP PC to a new 64-bit Win7 Home Premium. I'm not sure how to go about it without getting myself into too much trouble. When you wrote "I just moved my AHP software from the XP computer to the Windows 7 computer" what did you actually mean? How did you move it? To my knowledge you have to go through the install process in both cases and you can't just move installed software from one to the other. However, installing on my Win7 PC would require 64-bit drivers, right? So that's another reason you could not just move software from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Win7.
For this reason I've been contemplating to upgrade my Win7 Home Premium to Professional because that has an XP layer but I would rather not upgrade if I could run my AHP in my current Win7 Home Premium.

Don N

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 07:32:12 PM »

Cameo -- I had a backup file for all my AHP stuff.  Loaded the backup onto my Windows 7 PC and then re-register the Plug-Ins.  Everything works fine except I am not able to get any video feed from my cameras.  Had to purchase a new VA12A Digital Video Converter from X10 (because they said that was needed for Windows 7).  But still not working.

cameo

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »

Don:
Backup to me means different things in different context. For instance I backup my whole partition with Acronis. How did you create your AHP stuff?

zemos

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »

AH not loading on my Windows 7 64 bit computer.  When I boot, and look in Task manager, there are no processes running named "x10" or "active home".  Yet, I was concerned because the "CPU usage" still showed 25% use, even though no programs seemed to be running.  When I went into Resource Monitor, I found that "x10nets.exe" was running, using 25% of my resources (I was unaware that I had designated X10 to launch at boot-up and cannot see any live icon in at the bottom of the screen).
When I click to load Activehome, the hourglass appears for a moment and then nothing happens.  When I go back to task manager, I note that a version of ActiveHm *32.exe is listed (and will be listed multiple times if I try to load it again).
I know there were many entries on this site warning us not to upgrade to a software release, so, I ask, is the "*.32" indicating that this version will not run on my Windows7 64 bit?  If so, can/should I download a more current version of AH and, if so, how is this done?  Thanks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.