Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Active Home - Not so much  (Read 32399 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Active Home - Not so much
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 11:10:06 AM »

I got the e-mail and the follow-up.  I did not execute it (I didn't want to possibly corrupt my AHP) but it appears to be from X10USA as the beginning looks just like what opens up for 3.204 and 3.236, so perhaps X10 has new programmers working on AHP, even though the 2 versions you got are not (yet) in the X10 Software Repository.   Do they look like AHP always has or something different?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dumpster

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »

I didn't want to possibly corrupt my AHP
Chicken   ;D

Do they look like AHP always has or something different?
I saw no significant difference in the user interface except for the one additional item listed under available RF commands called an IR Command that I'm assuming is for an infrared device.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »

I didn't want to possibly corrupt my AHP
Chicken   ;D

Do they look like AHP always has or something different?
I saw no significant difference in the user interface except for the one additional item listed under available RF commands called an IR Command that I'm assuming is for an infrared device.

available RF commands?   That's not listed in AHP without plug-ins.  I run AHP 3.228 because I do not need or use any of the plug-ins for AHP

Dumpster

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 01:57:10 PM »

I've not installed any plugins either, but when creating a macro, one of the items in the drop down list on the right side of the window is RF Commands. Listed as available RF Commands are All Lights On / All Units Off, On / Off, and Dim / Brighten.

There is also an item in the drop down list for Advanced Functions, but I haven't used this feature.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

I've not installed any plugins either, but when creating a macro, one of the items in the drop down list on the right side of the window is RF Commands. Listed as available RF Commands are All Lights On / All Units Off, On / Off, and Dim / Brighten.

There is also an item in the drop down list for Advanced Functions, but I haven't used this feature.

That's also in 3.228. Spent a bit of time in the Macro section. 

Wonder why X10 hasn't put the two files you got in the X10 Software Repository if X10 did get some new programmers   

Dumpster

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2010, 07:04:28 PM »

Yes, but what is not in 3.228 but is in 3.271 is the IR Command.

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 11:27:35 PM »

As Dumpster has experianced one problem, I had a xp problem. Reinstalled all the usual stuff. When it came to AHP, I followed the old ways to install.

During the AHP first out of 5 install, that's with all the plugins. It gave you an option to upgrade to 3.271. I did. It went throught its usual steps and reinstalled my AHX file.

Everything is the same expect 2 things. One is as stated by Dumpster the addition of IR commands in the the macro options RF commands.

the second is my VA12A is working with xp. how sweet is that. I did also try it on a vista laptop and it also worked.

Now this is only just stumbled on over the weekend due my never ending need to tweak a computer and then end up in the same hole, Format/reinstall. I did find problems with finding a good video compression to work without crashing AHP. No OnAlert modules used and I never bother with MyHouse Online.
I will say the Vista was more stable than the xp was, that is only an early judgement

I did revert back to 3.228 just for safety of my home setup but will try the upgrade on a later date.

BaBaLou.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 07:18:11 AM »

Well I have 3.236 loaded right now and AHP says there are NO Updates available.
3.228 when installed doesn't even find 3.236 as an update.

Now that X10 is pushing some kits with AHP software and the CM19A Interface. I wounder if 3.271 may also have added support for it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:39:05 AM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 10:48:54 PM »

Is 3.271 an X10USA version or from somewhere else?  The X10 Software Repository stops with 3.236.

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 04:09:00 AM »

I cant tell you where it came from, US or EU.  ???

But also remember that V3.228 is Not in the X10USA Repository too. :'

The way that I came across installing V3.271 and I think Dumpster too, was by doing a full reinstall of AHP. His AHP got corrupt and mine was needing to reinstall XP on a reformatted new HD.

The file came form the same place I always use when doing a whole Reinstall of AHP. The software shortcut link sent by X10 when you purchase AHP.

During the first install of AHP, a screen came up before the install started and asked if I would to like to upgrade the AHP to a new version. It did not give any information about which Version it was upgrading you to, but the screen at this option, I never have seen before while doing old reinstall of AHP in the past, in fact the last time was around Easter time and that was at my business system. 

This was a whole new install and for me any X10 files on my system was non existant at the time I Installed AHP. As stated, I did revert back to V3.228 just to be safe. But do intend to try and install V3.271 again. Dang, my VA12A worked on this version, cant let that get away without trying it again.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:12:27 AM by BaBaLou. »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 06:12:23 AM »

BaBaLou; Thanks for the added data.
Yes for reasons only known by X10. Some versions seem to be missing in the repository and not generally available in the check for upgrades test either.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 08:53:35 PM »

I used the original software link in the e-mail X10 sent on 7/15/2005 at 8:43AM when i first bought AHP.  Guess what?  I now have 3.271, direct from X10 USA, so it IS a X10USA issue.

Now maybe X10 will put 3.228 and other versions left out of the Repository in it.  BTW it kept my registration intact.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2010, 06:16:59 AM »

Thank you Dan.
Yes it would be nice for X10 to keep things current in the software repository..

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2010, 07:22:05 AM »

That's true.  I've noticed the Repository has a lot of oddball stuff including Active Home!!!  As far as AHP it has 3.175 (the first release?) through 3.236 with some releases omitted. Everything in it is dated 03 December 2008.  There's even files called "bill.x10, oprah.x10 and felix.x10. Know what those 3 files are, I don't. 

The Repository should be arranged better, in my opinion.

Dumpster

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2010, 10:49:29 AM »

Can you post a link to the repository.
When I to the X10 site and search for downloads, most of the stuff I find seems very old.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.