Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Appliance Box Wont work.  (Read 6150 times)

lightbulbjones

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Appliance Box Wont work.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 11:22:08 PM »

Well, then I have to gather it up still and get it to the post office. I just can't persuade it.

I saw your post on the 466 box, and I would think the contacts would be self-cleaning.
I haven't opened this one up, because its going back.

Perhaps they were shipped in the hold alongside a container of some Chinese drywall though?

Who knows, if the next one does it I may just clean it up with a little superfine sandpaper and a Q-tip dunked in ATF.  I am imagining a brass pair of tongs with little dots or wear pads, sorta like a points on an ignition system, but bigger- with a coil on the other end of some sort. 

Barring that, I know nothing about the changing state and what lies behind it.
Where can I learn more about that?

And, I think I recon WHY they can't test these: most commercial buildings use 120V/277V/480V - say your warehouse with an office front-end which I imagine to be the case here.

Finally, I flipped the socket the other day, and if anything it's worse now (otherwise the unit is getting "deader" - one or the other.)

Next weekend I'll have to shut the house down again and put it back with the ground on top like it should be.

Also, is the "helpful post" link some sort of thank-you system? If so, I would like to begin using it.

lightbulbjones

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »

Surprise, surprise!

Just as I was about to box it up and take it to the post office earlier, I get an e-mail with what? A fed-ex label.

Since I was somehow wrong in thinking the mail would do, I am now to print a fedex label and ship it back.
As luck would have it, I have neither a functioning printer OR address labels to feed it.

So I am to spend - what? $120 on a printer and labels to ship dead a dead piece of $30 electronics back? Call me crazy - but, NO.

Oh, and their wonderful software has refused to even open for several days and has now disappeared entirely.

Did I mention the company is constantly spamming me at least other day? Yeah.

Like I said early on, I wont allow this to become a fiasco. I totally refuse to spend any more money or time on it, and as I suspected, the whole thing is garbage.

As such, the best location for it is the dumpster and that's where the hardware is, since even IF I did get good hardware back (and there is no guarantee since they have what? No means to test it.) It still wouldn't run without the software that vanished.

To recap: About two weeks after my order and about 80 bucks later, I have no software (it was buggy anyway - but where did it go?) , A useless controller, a dead appliance box and some sort of plug-in heater for a thermostat resting comfortably in the dumpster behind my house, exactly where it belongs.

Now all I need is to block the spam they keep sending me and wash my hands of it once and for all.
I am done here, and thanks to those who helped.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 06:08:20 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.