Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard crashes on start; Windows 7  (Read 10587 times)

mjgood

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard crashes on start; Windows 7
« on: June 29, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »

Hi

What's happening is that whenever I try to start Vanguard, it starts, runs for maybe a second or so, then freezes up and shows me a sign that says 'Windows Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working'. The program closes out from there.

The funny thing is that Vanguard was actually working perfectly fine, up until I had to move my computer to another room several days ago. I started having the issue when I set it back up. The cameras are detecting just fine. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Anybody have any ideas what might be going on?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Vanguard crashes on start; Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:11:09 PM »

Might be noise.  What else is in the room you moved the PC too?  If Vanguard worked fine in the old location and no changes to software were done, then something in the room is blocking signals.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

survey_sez

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:51:42 AM »

i have had no problem running vanguard pro under windows 7 32 bit. moving from one room to another makes me suspect possibly a different usb port for the va12a has caused a driver issue? check device manager to see if the driver is loading properly (i.e no question mark). i rememberr that initially i had problems with my driver and if vanguard does not see the cazpture device it aborts.

mjgood

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:20:31 PM »

Dan

I'm connecting the cameras to my computer via a wire; I did not move any of the actual cameras or equipment, just the PC.

survey_sez

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »

mjgood - i guess you checked device manager as i suggested?

mjgood

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 11:04:17 PM »

survey_sez

The device manager was one of the first things I checked... everything still detects properly, all cameras are showing up and there are no question marks. Thanks for the suggestion though.

survey_sez

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 11:15:10 PM »

moving it could possibly have dislodged something. maybe re-seat the ram and other cards?

i'm having no stability problems but i can't switch between cameras with vanguard - i think vanguard doesn't like the cm15a.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.