Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: MACROs Work Flawlesly but only without "Timed Conditions"  (Read 49428 times)

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: MACROs Work Flawlesly but only without "Timed Conditions"
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »

For what it's worth - I use version 3.228 and I had the same problem with "dawn-dusk", and ended up with a flag setting macro as you did.  I use flag 15 with no problem.
Thanks for that info. One helpfull to ya

Frank3d

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2011, 07:50:44 PM »

OK here's a screen shot of the timed macros setting and clearing flags. I thought I would test two sets of flags 8 & 9, one for Dusk to Dawn and another for Dawn to Dusk. The F3 html function is cool. I like it. How would I have found that out without you telling me? See what I mean by Why is there no detailed instruction manual for AHP? Let me know ASAP if these macros look ok. Thanks.

1/24/11 Noam, CONFIRMED!.. The flag state does change for both macros at dawn and dusk. Weird... I wonder why AHP changes the flag status but not the dawn dusk macro conditions. Buy the way I upgraded to V3.305 before these tests just so there was no doubt about AHP not being the latest versions.
For some reason, the images didn't come through properly on my screen. When  tried to blow them up, they were too blurry to read.
I'm glad that the macros you are setting with the flags are working.
Next, you can try to use the flag status instead of your day/night condition, and see if the macros work that way.
Noam, Your input has been very valuable. Buy the way what does the "Addressed Units" line with a plus sign under a number in Status Report Screen mean after pressing F3? Thanks & A helpfull to ya...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:59:53 AM by Frank3d »

Frank3d

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2011, 07:41:19 AM »

OK here's a screen shot of the timed macros setting and clearing flags. I thought I would test two sets of flags 8 & 9, one for Dusk to Dawn and another for Dawn to Dusk. The F3 html function is cool. I like it. How would I have found that out without you telling me? See what I mean by Why is there no detailed instruction manual for AHP? Let me know ASAP if these macros look ok. Thanks.

1/24/11 Noam, CONFIRMED!.. The flag state does change for both macros at dawn and dusk. Weird... I wonder why AHP changes the flag status but not the dawn dusk macro conditions. Buy the way I upgraded to V3.305 before these tests just so there was no doubt about AHP not being the latest versions.
For some reason, the images didn't come through properly on my screen. When  tried to blow them up, they were too blurry to read.
I'm glad that the macros you are setting with the flags are working.
Next, you can try to use the flag status instead of your day/night condition, and see if the macros work that way.
Noam, You still out there? See my last post question.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »

... Buy the way what does the "Addressed Units" line with a plus sign under a number in Status Report Screen mean after pressing F3? ...
Sorry, stupid power company can't figure out that you should trim the trees BEFORE the snow storm, instead of letting them self-trim (and take the power lines with them).

The "Addressed Units" line is to indicate the last address to which a command was sent.
For example, if you send a "C12 On," then "C12" will be last addressed unit. 
If it is a lamp module, and you then send a "dim" command from a remote (or using a special command in a macro), that will be the unit that responds.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2011, 03:09:22 PM »

Ya know, it just shouldn't be this hard.

I use Homeseer which is written by real programmers, however now Homeseer charges for all help. Even when the problem appears to be at their end. Makes me nuts.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2011, 08:36:55 PM »

Remember back in the "old days" when wether or not anything would work on a IBM compatible computer... was often iffy. If it wasn't an actual IBM.... well then who knew.

I run a HA PC that was made to run Windows 98 (I run XP on it). Others buy a Windows 7 (64 bit) PC today... and also want to use the same software. I am amazed that so much... works so well. Users creativity and work arounds have allowed us to do much more with AHP than it was ever intended to accomplish.

I have also had trouble using time as a condition. I merely used time to turn On and Off a module (a fake module) on a monitored address. Then I use that addresses position as a condition.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Frank3d

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2011, 07:23:26 PM »

Remember back in the "old days" when wether or not anything would work on a IBM compatible computer... was often iffy. If it wasn't an actual IBM.... well then who knew.

I run a HA PC that was made to run Windows 98 (I run XP on it). Others buy a Windows 7 (64 bit) PC today... and also want to use the same software. I am amazed that so much... works so well. Users creativity and work arounds have allowed us to do much more with AHP than it was ever intended to accomplish.

I have also had trouble using time as a condition. I merely used time to turn On and Off a module (a fake module) on a monitored address. Then I use that addresses position as a condition.
[/quotDave, Good info and yes "who knew" helpful to ya, Thanks.

Frank3d

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »

... Buy the way what does the "Addressed Units" line with a plus sign under a number in Status Report Screen mean after pressing F3? ...
Sorry, stupid power company can't figure out that you should trim the trees BEFORE the snow storm, instead of letting them self-trim (and take the power lines with them).

The "Addressed Units" line is to indicate the last address to which a command was sent.
For example, if you send a "C12 On," then "C12" will be last addressed unit. 
If it is a lamp module, and you then send a "dim" command from a remote (or using a special command in a macro), that will be the unit that responds.
Noan, Got it thanks. Guess I will be using flag status in all my macro timed events.

rnorton888

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »

FYI on my 3.206 and the tech at X10 the Dusk to Dawn are backwords. Of course that needs to be fixed.
Randy
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:19:18 PM by rnorton888 »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »

I know this is an old post, but I must have missed it when I replied to others.
The time-based condition problem was fixed in version 3.315, release 6/9/2011.
It only affected time-based conditions that were set to run from the PC (there was a bug in the code which reversed the condition logic).

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you install the update to 3.315, and test out your conditions.
You can get the update here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.