Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: VA12A and Windows 7- The USB Killer  (Read 102153 times)

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
Re: VA12A and Windows 7- The USB Killer
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 10:37:56 PM »

I have not uninstalled the AHP, cause I'm guessing that it would also uninstall the divers?
That's correct. Uninstalling AHP will uninstall all the files that came with it.

Good to hear that it's working! >!
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

Dragnet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 11:17:16 PM »

Thanks  anthonylavado however it's NOT working....at all now, but it did install the driver & I was able to view 1 cam, but when I went to install cam, #2, that was it........
It did work a good 8 minutes &  it was a happy 8 minutes, but now I'm back to being frustrated B:(
It seems like 10 X  is dragging their feet on finding trouble free software
I used to have the Motorola Home sight & never had a problem with it...

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »

guess to me the question is why did it work for 8 minutes then stopped when you did something.  In my job I often have to help customers make their machines work again after they stop working.  Often when others who do what I do give up, they ask me to fly around the country or world to their customer and figure it out.  My most common comment during these sessions is "I'm from Missouri - show me;" not that I don't believe them but that I want to see for myself so as not to leave any stone unturned.  My second most common statement is "usually the last thing done is what broke it." With this attitude I have yet to not solve the issue :)

Might this second comment apply to you?  You say it broke as you "installed the second camera."  What indeed does that mean?  EXACTLY what did you do?  It was working, then you did something, and it stopped working. 

Try to duplicate it on the computer or in your mind and jot down for us EXACTLY what you did.  Don't assume we know ANYTHING.  List every step, even if it sounds dumb.  YOU ARE TOO CLOSE TO GIVE UP NOW!!  WE'RE WITH YOU!  GO TEAM!  OK OK, I got carried away.  Let us know.  Thanks.

mike

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »

just saw this post elsewhere for a vanguard problem:

Re: Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »
What is your version of Vanguard?
There was an updated one recently released, version 3.285.
If you do not have the latest version, you can find it here:
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/vanguard/sw26a_vanguard.exe

u have this latest version?

Dragnet

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2010, 03:12:55 PM »

Actually NO, I had the V1.1, buuut I just upgraded & restarted the computer & I get the same message...SUCKS!
Yesterday, I downloaded AHP from the X10 site & installed it, I then installed the
 V1.1 Vanguard & when I plugged in the VA12A & it said that the drivers were installed properly, I jumped up & down............No lie!
I then messed with the pan & tilt color camera, (set to 1-A),  & set it up on my window sill, (maybe 10 minutes).
I then set camera 2 to 2-A & plugged it in
I looked on my monitor to see were I needed to go to view the image from camera 2 & that's when the Rundell32 message popped up & said that the program would shut down & I haven't been able to get it to work right since then......

Now when I open the Vanguard program my Mac Affee gives me a box  that says "Do you want to allow the following program. (rndell32.exe), from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer":

I click YES & the program opens to were I can see the image from my pan & tilt color camera, (which is the only camera that is powered on), & then the I get "Windows host process (Rundell32), has stopped working" & then it says "click here to close program"
I have no other choice but to close it at this point.......
I hope that I was specific enough Mike & thank you SO much for your time & help on this..
Ozzy

mike

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2010, 04:03:12 PM »

seems to me the CHANGE made just before it stopped working correctly is adding A2 camera....  I took vangaurd off my computer like 1+yrs ago so going from memory but dont u do this by going to a setup screen in vangaurd and adding a camera and its code (A2)?  You did this and the program stopped working.......

seems like you should DELETE the vangaurd init file where THAT info is stored!  then you would be back to it before A2 (or A1 for that matter) was put in. 

can someone please tell dragnet what file he needs to delete so he can have virgin program again??

Dragnet, assuming some wizard here tells u which file to delete in your likely programfiles/vanguard directory, and assuming this lets you start the program again, if it was ME, if would then go get latest vangaurd update and install THAT (again even if u did during this time of fault) BEFORE adding cameras back in.,,,,,  what do you think?

mike

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2010, 04:06:43 PM »

BTW Dragnet,  guess we all goofed not asking u what ver vangaurd u were using anywhere in this thread.......

sIf I understand you right, it eems to me that all ur problems might be because you have been trying to use ver 1.1 on an operating system that was not even invented when ver 1.1 was released?

Dragnet

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2010, 06:03:39 PM »

Thanks to you Mike, I have upgraded to the new Vanguard version AFTER the problems began, (V1.1 was sent to me  on Tuesday, so I imagined it would be the latest), but it wasn't,,,,
I only placed the settings on the AC adapter to the camera to 2-A, (cause the pan-tilt camera was set to 1-A),  & plugged it in to an AC jack, I never got a chance to do anything on the software/computer, soooo I'd imagine that the wireless picked up the signal from the camera & did whatever it did to make it stop working....

Mile you say that you removed Vanguard?
What are you using now?
Is there any other Windows 7 compatible software that one could run these cameras on?
AHP, is just for controlling lights & appliances right?
Cause I didn't see anything on there that said cameras....

What is rndell32.exe, or Rundell32?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:10:11 PM by Dragnet »

mike

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2010, 06:34:53 PM »

dragnet, that is why i asked EXACT sequence of events that went down when the system went from working to not working.  I again Assume you went to some setup page in vangaurd and ADDED a camera from your description.  So are you saying the sequence was:

1 install ahp
2 installed vanguard 1.1
3 run vang, go to setup, ADD ninja camera and set as A1
4 leave setup page
5 see video on vang, play with pan/tilt for (assume!) 20 minutes?
6 running good, leave the room (assume!? cannot see vang screen anymore)
7 let run while you go away and prep camera 2, set to A2 code, plug in wall - takes 10 minutes (assume!?)
8 go back to vang computer room and see video for 3 seconds (assume!?)
9 program then crashes with rundll32 fault in front of your eyes.
10 anytime you try to restart now you get immediate rundll32 fault - right after you see camera 1 video on screen for 3 sec (assume!?)

how close did I guess (assume) your scenario?  Please correct and let us know.

I am also assuming that you have never uninstalled vang 1.1;  assume you downloaded updated vang and installed it over top of the broken one? 

You have made progress getting a va12 driver to work via ahp, but then installed antique pre win7 vang unknowingly (agreed you should never have been sent old vang program!).  then you installed new vang on top of that.  I am beginning to think you have something corrupt from the pre-win7 vang program STILL on your computer that the new ver did not overwrite.  I am thinking you want to uninstall thru win7 uninstall routine (go to my computer then you see install/uninstall in title header), maybe even ahp at this point to try to start freshest.  I suspect if you uninstall both of these, you can then install the NEW vang that has proper win7 drivers installed and get it all with the one program. 

---------------------

you asked about ahp.  Yes, the watchout add-in does just about all vang does plus lets you integrate those cameras with all the other switches and motion sensors and macros. 

Don N

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2010, 06:50:47 PM »

Dragnet ... AHP with the iWatchout plug-in works nicely with the VA12A and X10 cameras and with Windows 7.

Dragnet

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2010, 08:01:47 PM »

1 install ahp YES
2 installed vanguard 1.1 YES
3 run vang, go to setup, ADD ninja camera and set as A1 NO, NEVER ADDED TO VANGUARD, IT WAS AUTOMATICLLY PICKED UP BY......WIRELESS?
4 leave setup page NO SEE ABOVE
5 see video on vang, play with pan/tilt for (assume!) 20 minutes? YES
6 running good, leave the room (assume!? cannot see vang screen anymore) YES
7 let run while you go away and prep camera 2, set to A2 code, plug in wall - takes 10 minutes (assume!?) YES
8 go back to vang computer room and see video for 3 seconds (assume!?) NO, NO MORE VIDEO AT THIS POINT
9 program then crashes with rundll32 fault in front of your eyes. YES
10 anytime you try to restart now you get immediate rundll32 fault - right after you see camera 1 video on screen for 3 sec (assume!?) EXACTLLY

Guys, I have to step out for a bit, but either when I return tonight, or tomorrow I will uninstall everything & Start FRESH, only this time I'll go with the new version of Vanguard, (I never uninstalled the V1.1, I just installed the new 1).....
Thanks again & I will check back right before doing the above mentioned
Ozzy

Dragnet

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2010, 08:05:31 PM »

Dragnet ... AHP with the iWatchout plug-in works nicely with the VA12A and X10 cameras and with Windows 7.
If I can't get Vanguard to work, this might be the way to go then........

mike

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »

excellent!

only new data and sounds VERY significant is #10 - so vanguard DOES start up right and WORKS!  for 3 sec THEN crashes. 

I thought from your previous posts you start vang now and it NEVER comes up at all.   so.... it does work then crashes - as if it tries to read the va12 driver to get video and that is when it dies. 

I think your uninstall all then just install NEW firmware vang is right way to go.

mike

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »

did u see this post dragnet?

Re: VANGARD ERROR _Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 11:21:05 AM »
I was getting the same error "Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem...."

I followed the suggestion by Catfish

Go to C:\ My Images
renamed that folder to what ever you want.
Start vanguard. It created a new My Images folder. I deleted the renamed one later.

Dragnet

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 10:28:10 PM »

excellent!

only new data and sounds VERY significant is #10 - so vanguard DOES start up right and WORKS!  for 3 sec THEN crashes. 

I thought from your previous posts you start vang now and it NEVER comes up at all.   so.... it does work then crashes - as if it tries to read the va12 driver to get video and that is when it dies. 

I think your uninstall all then just install NEW firmware vang is right way to go.
Yes, it actually reads the VA12A as it shows video from the pan-tilt camera before I have to shut it down.,,,
I'm gonna do what I said, cept I'm gonna install the newer version of Vanguard before installing the AHP & see is it will install the VA12A driver.
I'll get back to you guys...............
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.