Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: question  (Read 7296 times)

bigb73

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
question
« on: July 11, 2010, 07:41:18 PM »

i have 3 x10 cams. i also have a 2.4 g IR cam. how can i incorporate these two without interference from each other? When i turn on the IR cam it interrupts the x10 cams.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:53:43 PM »

Does the IR Camera use its own receiver or is the X10 one serving as its receiver also?

Only one camera should be on at a time. The X10 ones probably alternate when one is on the other goes off.
You would have to find a way to also turn off the IR camera.

Long shot but you may want to try the cameras on different RF channels by using the switch under the rubber plug on the cameras A-D and the same A-D on the receiver. Also if the IR Camara has channels. You maybe able to pick a different one for it.

bigb73

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 08:01:25 PM »

yes it has its own receiver, but i wanted to use it with the vanguard software. maybe a Appliance Module would to the trick?

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 08:10:49 PM »

An appliance module should do the trick if it is set to the proper unit code, however:

The X10 cams are made so that the camera is always powered on, and the x10 module only turns on/off the RF transmitter.  This was the major breakthrough they called "instant on" a few years back.  Even if the IR camera is working properly with the X10 appliance module, it may take a few seconds to get a stabile picture from the IR camera because every time you select it, it is having to 'cold' start.

Try it out, though and let us know!   ;D
>!

bigb73

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 08:15:45 PM »

I certainly will try it. in fact in gonna try it with the Transceiver Module since it has a plug on it. ill be back in a few with the details

bigb73

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 08:24:33 PM »

LOL i ran into a problem. the cam has a battery in it B:( it stays on when theres no power.  theres no way to take it apart without destroying it. its sealed :-[

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 06:18:54 AM »

If the transceiver is the TM751 it can only be controlled by an RF remote signal as it has no power line receiver in it. Also it is hard wired to Unit Code 1.
The RR501 has a power line receiver in it and can be controlled by an RF remote or power line signal. It also can use Unit code 1 or 9.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 07:23:40 AM »

The Universal Module (UM506) can be wired using a RCA video jack/cord (I do that myself). So then the X10 PLC turns the video signal on and off by turning the Universal Module on and off.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.