Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Certified Like New and New sale?  (Read 72556 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Certified Like New and New sale?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 03:07:03 PM »

Thanks for the information.

Really doesn't sound that good.

If the CM15ASD was given {In Writing or email} the one year warranty then I would feel better myself.

Does the LM465SD go to full brightness?

I still have this feeling that someone from X10 must be at least scanning things here. Even if you can't get a response from them.

technologicallydeclined

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »

Support sent me an email apology which I accept. They referenced the warranty so my mind is at ease on that count. Whether they'll put it on their website for everyone who like=wise shares my fear, Im not sure. Still not completely thrilled but feel somewhat better. II HOPE THEY PUT IT UP SO EVERYONE CAN SEE IT. I suggested it but who knows.  Answers would be better than an apology but I guess I'll just have to see how the hardware looks and works out.  TD
   TD
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:38:24 PM by technologicallydeclined »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »

Thanks for the update.

I am glad you got an email.

I would back it up somewhere safe. On the off chance you would need to use it.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Certified Like New and New sale? The answer Brian was seeking...
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 05:43:46 PM »

So is there a difference? I couldn't find out. I also asked how scratch could be the same as like new. No answer. I was finally directed to the "supervisors" who have not answered yet.  I must admit to being very concerned. I must admit to feeling that I have been somehow downgraded and asked that they add something to make equal into equal since I didnt get like new. Why wouldnt they call it LIKE new if it is equal.? They also said not to worry about the one year like new being honored because thats what I ordered. I pointed out that all over their site they say that scratch and dent is thirty days then forget it while one year is one year. Dont worry they said. Can you send me a quick email so I have something in writing? Your site is very specific. No answer. 

techno,

I suspect X10 is saying "don't worry about it" because there is little difference between "Scratch and Dent" and "Certified Like New".  X10 gets a LOT of returns. People with no experience with X10 automation, or X10 cameras, make large purchases expecting Lexus features and quality and are disappointed when they realize they paid for a Ford Focus and that's what they got. People do not fully read the ads and assume they can see four wireless camera video on a PC at the same time...or don't understand why one module in one room works fine but the same module in the adjoining room does not work at all. And they pack it all up and send it back. In most cases it is still good. X10 can resell it, they just can't sell it as "new".

My bet is, that is the source of both SnD and CN merchandise, along with "old stuff" that has been kicking around the warehouse. ...it's all the same and where buyers have a mix of SnD and CN, I doubt X10 would bother to figure out different warrenties. And I can pretty much guarantee you that there is no such thing as "re-furbushed". Unless it is an extremely simple problem,  or unless a "bad run" in China has created a large number of faulty products, all needing the same fix, they simply won't take the time to "refurbish".

Think you are fretting over nothing.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »

What is a CM15ASD?   I know what a CM15A is.  A Google search for CM15ASD yields nothing.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 11:11:17 PM »

What is a CM15ASD?   I know what a CM15A is.  A Google search for CM15ASD yields nothing.

Maybe CM15A Special Deal?

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 11:56:43 PM »

Good one Jeff...... rofl

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 12:25:59 AM »

scratch & dent
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

nybuck

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 09:30:59 PM »

OK, I just received my Certified Like New order.

It was 6-cameras with video receiver and camera remote bundle.

The items look good at first look, but they are all in sandwich bags with a label stuck to the bag - No boxes, no instructions...  Overly unimpressive at first glance.  Most of the bags say "Like New", and one is stamped "Scratch and Dent", lending credence to what they tried to tell 'technologicallydeclined'.

I will assume they all work - Maybe they had some boxes get water damaged...   What to do?  Put the cameras in bags and sell 'em at a discount...  That's my guess.
 Returns would be in the boxes.   :'
>!

nybuck

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »

I finally sorted through my order and tested it all out.  Even more unimpressive.   :(

Several of the cameras are missing the rubber plug over the ABCD switch.  One camera and power supply do not work at all.  The video receiver and about half the cameras have big gouges in them, as if they were installed and then someone hastily uninstalled them and returned them.  My new conclusion is that they keep the boxes so that I don't resell them, or people returned the items without boxes.

My Conclusion:  Pay the extra few dollars for the "New" products.  I've seen nicer X10 cameras at garage sales.   ;)
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 07:06:35 PM »

Thank you for passing on your findings.

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »

Maybe CM15A Special Deal?

Jeff

Or, could SD stand for "Seriously Defective"?  ::) I hope not!

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »

Thats where almost all my things came from like new deals. They look new i can't tell that they been used. I been having problems with my CM15ASD some time it works other time it don't work  >*<

nybuck

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 12:25:30 PM »

Thats where almost all my things came from like new deals. They look new i can't tell that they been used. I been having problems with my CM15ASD some time it works other time it don't work  >*<

Time to SB -  Send Back!!   ;)
>!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 12:33:14 PM »

What happens when it does not work? Modules don't turn OFF or ON?

Maybe you have an intermitent noise or coupling problem in your home(?).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.