Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: want custom chime sounds for motion-sensed zones  (Read 7639 times)

BrianHoltz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
want custom chime sounds for motion-sensed zones
« on: July 11, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »

I have a half-dozen X10-triggering motion sensors, and I want to be able to announce a custom (or at least differentiated) chime for each unit code that they broadcast.  Currently I can only differentiate two zones, by using two different X10-driven chimes (a chime module and an annoying 30-second "Rex10" barking dog alarm that at least has a volume knob).  Isn't there a product that will play custom/differentiated chimes that let you identify the disturbed zone?  Two other requirements: I don't want to dedicate a 24/7 computer to this, and I want the sounds played in multiple rooms.

The closest thing I can find is http://www.voicealert.com/.  Isn't there an X10/Insteon device that can be programmed to play a given sound when a given unit code is transmitted?

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: want custom chime sounds for motion-sensed zones
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 08:32:32 PM »

You could possibly use a universal module with a unit like this musical doorbell.  May be a bit pricey at $49.95 plus the cost of a universal module, but it is an option.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: want custom chime sounds for motion-sensed zones
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 10:48:35 PM »

I have a half-dozen X10-triggering motion sensors, and I want to be able to announce a custom (or at least differentiated) chime for each unit code that they broadcast. 

I run a Home Automation Computer 24/7. I use BVC on my computer (although other program can also do voice announcements). This allows me to use/run any number of warning and/or alerts. I just type what I want the computer to say.. when an X10 code is sent/received.

A good example is my activity detected macro.... YouTube Video. I play that warning/alert outside as well as inside... to warn away any tresspassers.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.