Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UX23A  (Read 8670 times)

tlchris

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
UX23A
« on: August 14, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »

I have a UX23A , i programed the ON command from my TV remote to the REC function of the VCR Commander. I want to control it via the AHP software. How can i do that?  (i have a CM15A)

Thank you

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: UX23A
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »

Use the UX23 in Other in AHP.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tlchris

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 08:53:43 PM »

i tried that but doesnt work,

and how do you adress a vcr commander, when i add it in AHP, it gives it the next adress available, how do i tell the vcr commander that adress ?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 11:24:45 PM by tlchris »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 07:47:23 AM »

i tried that but doesnt work,

and how do you adress a vcr commander, when i add it in AHP, it gives it the next adress available, how do i tell the vcr commander that adress ?

Need more info, what's the address of the VCR Commander? (Look in any documentation you have) to use it in AHP it has to have an address, like all your modules have.   

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tlchris

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 08:23:17 AM »

Iknow that,

I am asking how to do it, doesnt tell you in documentation.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 09:23:39 AM »

If you where triggering it with a motion sensor. You would use the same X10 address in AHP as the motion sensors address.

If you are not using a motion sensor. Put the UX23A in the X10 address learing mode by holding the Play Button on the unit until the red led is on. Then click the rec button in AHP. That should add the address to the UX23A.

You can use the edit button on the AHP UX23's Icon to change the address if needed. Before programming the UX23A.

I did a short test and basically the rec button send an on signal just like a motion sensor and an off sends an off. Both by RF as that is what the UX23 uses for detecting motion. Tried this with both a CM15A and CM19A interface. Monitoring the power line with my Smarthome Essentials with a 1132CU interface while AHP was running.

So in AHP the UX23 module sends an on with the rec button and an off with the stop button. Simulating a motion sensor.

You are also correct on the no documented instructions on how to do this. I searched the Knowledgebase for tips and found none.
So my instructions are from what I observed the UX23As icon in AHP doing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:29:02 AM by Brian H »

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »

Iknow that,

I am asking how to do it, doesnt tell you in documentation.
Documentation says:
Programming the Radio Frequency (Motion Sensor) Codes
1.Program each Motion Sensor to the desired House/Unit code.
2.Push and hold the [Play] button on the UX23A until the LED on it illuminates.
3.Walk out to where your motion sensor is located, and trigger it by moving or waving your hand in front of it. You will hear one beep, and the LED on the UX23A will go out.

So basically, the next RF code the UX23A sees after you hold the play button programs the RF code into it.  Other instructions said to put the motion sensor face-down on the floor, and turn them over after holding the play button.  Of course, if you want AHP to send the RF, you have to get AHP to send RF at the right time....  which is what Brian is saying.....   :-\
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:36:38 AM by nybuck »
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 11:16:57 AM »

Yes nybuck. In my round about way. That is what I was thinking.
Your precise instructions should be a big help.

Since the UX23A can do four addresses. I wounder if you could use four modules in AHP to do different things. Remembering a different address for each.

I used a UX21A and it did accept the RF programming command from AHP.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 11:20:16 AM by Brian H »

nybuck

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »

tlchris and Brian -

I found a new set of instructions on X10 Wiki:

Programming the Radio Frequency (Motion Sensor) Codes:

1 - Program each Motion Sensor to the desired House/Unit code.
2 - Push and hold the “Play” button on the UX23A until the LED on the UX23A illuminates.
3 - Push and release the “House/On” button on your first Motion Sensor. You will hear one beep and the LED on the UX23A will go out.
4 - Program the remaining three Motion Sensors by following steps 2 and 3 for each Motion Sensor.

So my 'reading into' these instructions is that it can learn up to 4 RF "triggers", but they all do the same thing:  "press" (or send the IR for) Record, then 5 minutes after motion stops, "press" (send the IR for) Stop.  It does not appear that the UX23A can send more than the 2 IR commands, despite the sales pages saying it can send 4 different IR commands   ???

With AHP, I don't see why you'd need different RF commands to send the same IR from the VCR Commander (UX23A) but maybe you can think of some other reason?
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 11:55:02 AM »

Yes I just found the updated stuff myself.

It just looks like you could use four motion sensors to trigger the same VCR commands. So multiple entries in AHP would be redundant.  ;)

That also may mean tlchris's TV may turn off in five minutes?

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/VCR_Commander
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Changing_the_Recording_Time
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:02:35 PM by Brian H »

tlchris

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 12:08:51 PM »

Thank you very much guys!  I can now send command to the ux23a.  I ll go play now !

If i dont assign anything for the stop rec.  i think the tv wont turn off.

If i want an IR to trigger a macro, do i need atransceiver or something like that ?  I already have a cm15a.

Lets say i want to enter my home and have a motion detector to trigger a macro that will turn on some lights.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:18:17 PM by tlchris »

nybuck

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 01:04:32 PM »

If i dont assign anything for the stop rec.  i think the tv wont turn off.

I would be very careful (read: test it out) because often a TV has the same IR code for on And off.  A second 'on' command will turn the TV off...

If i want an IR to trigger a macro, do i need atransceiver or something like that ?  I already have a cm15a.

Lets say i want to enter my home and have a motion detector to trigger a macro that will turn on some lights.
I think you are asking if a motion sensor can trigger multiple lights, etc...

The easy way to do that is program a bunch of lights to the same house and unit code (HC/UC).  (for example, a motion sensor on C2 can trigger a wall switch and 2 appliance modules on C2 as long as the RF can get to the power line)  Just understand that a palmpad remote sending C2 will do the same.

Otherwise, a CM15A ActiveHome Pro macro can be set up with a trigger, etc...  That is where I drop off, since my CM15A hasn't arrived yet, and the babies in the house probably won't let me play with that stuff for a while   :-\
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:06:07 PM by nybuck »
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 03:14:49 PM »

You want to trigger a macro with an IR signal?
X10 does make an IR to power line module. The IR543. It takes an X10 encoded IR signal and send it on the power line. Some of the entertainment remotes can send an X10 RF or IR signal.

The motion sensors can transmit directly to a CM15A as it has a X10 RF receiver in it. That could trigger macros.
The CM15A can also act like a transceiver and receive a RF signal and send it back on the power line.
One thing is the CM15A is not known for its great RF reception distances. That is why we have many CM15A Antenna mods threads.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:32:50 PM by Brian H »

tlchris

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »

My project was going well untill now,  i cant get the UX23A to learn the POWER command from my NAD receiver remote, and the ON command from my ExpressVue sat box remote command.

I want to turn some lights on ( no problem there ) , turn on my audio receiver, and turn my sattelite receiver on so it can play my favorite music station.

Is there a way to program those 4 command on the UX23A ? or at least the REC and STOP, i can only program the rec with a TV ON command.

nybuck

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 05:21:58 PM »

Is there a way to program those 4 command on the UX23A ? or at least the REC and STOP, i can only program the rec with a TV ON command.

That is where we (or at least you and I) hit the wall.  B:(

Everything I read (except where they try and sell you one) seems to say that the VCR Commander only transmits a "record" and a "stop" - Or 2 commands, one when triggered and one 5 minutes after the last trigger.  So I don't see how it will send the three you are looking for....   :(
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.