Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem arming DS7000  (Read 4300 times)

jerry38

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problem arming DS7000
« on: July 31, 2010, 10:14:20 AM »

I have owned and used DS7000 system for a number of years.   I primarily use it when we are away for lengthy periods.  Last year, as we were leaving,  I could not get the system to arm.    I've totally reloaded the sensors and remotes this year, and am still having the same problem.

With all doors/windows shut, when trying to arm the system either with remote or the console, the DS7000 just goes ding, dong, ding, dong, forever, never arming.    If I depress the bypass while arming via remote, I get the same ding, dong, etc.    If I depress the bypass and try to arm from the console, nothing happens.

I have every one of the 16 zones loaded with a sensor.   

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks     

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Problem arming DS7000
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 10:21:51 AM »

Sounds like you have a sensor in the OPEN position.  Can you "bypass" in order to Arm and then determine which it might be ?
Oops, sorry, I didn't read your question thoroughly - maybe you could experiment to see if you might find the offending sensor (hopefully).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:25:16 AM by JMac »

jerry38

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Problem arming DS7000
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 05:49:40 PM »

JMac,

I went back to the console and made certain all the zones were cleared (like I always do), and damned if it didn't arm this time, both from the console or from the remotes.   So I guess the non problem is solved.

Thanks so much for helping.   

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.