Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: New Nstinct Remote  (Read 164044 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: New Nstinct Remote
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 06:18:18 AM »

Bill, I am not much better.
I unpacked it.
Installed batteries.
Programed a few things.
Reset it.
Removed the batteries.
Back in box.  :'

Dr.Fiero

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 10:06:42 AM »

Removed the batteries.
Back in box.

Eek!  That bad??

Or just not enough time to set it up/play with it?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »

My sense of adventure seems to have gone away at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:41:34 AM by Brian H »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »

Well, so far, I can't see much that's changed programming wise.

I tried all of the possible codes for my audio/video devices and none worked any better than the ones I had on the older remote, so I had to have it learn about 10 buttons.  Again, same old same old.

So far, I'm wondering what changed besides the button layout.   rofl

More to come...
 >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 02:07:31 AM »

I didn't see any hard coded button with the Skip feature when in the DVR choice. On the labels or in the manual.
Though I have not done too much with mine. Other than install the Vizio LCD on it and set some favorites.

I did see a few TiVo buttons. Thumbs up; Thumbs Down and TiVo Central.

Hi Bill do you have a DVR and if so do you use the skip feature, just wondering how you plan on handling this. Maybe I should have waited before I placed that order seems lie the reviews aren't all that positive.  :-\

Tom j.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 12:07:10 AM »

Hi Bill do you have a DVR and if so do you use the skip feature, just wondering how you plan on handling this. Maybe I should have waited before I placed that order seems lie the reviews aren't all that positive.  :-\

Tom j.

Well, no, I don't have a DVR.  But, I do have some odd audio/video equipment, like my DVD player that has 3 DVD trays.

What I did for it is chose the code that worked best for most features and then used the original remote for the DVD player to teach the Nstinct the IR codes needed to switch trays.  In this case, I had the Nstinct learn them to "side keys" that I labeled with "DISC 1", "DISC 2" and "DISC 3" (on the LCD screen), but you can also have the Nstinct learn the IR code and store it on any of the other buttons that aren't already used for your DVR, like maybe the "thumbs up / thumbs down" keys.
 >!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:11:10 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tom j

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 10:41:56 AM »

Tom j.

Well, no, I don't have a DVR.  But, I do have some odd audio/video equipment, like my DVD player that has 3 DVD trays.

What I did for it is chose the code that worked best for most features and then used the original remote for the DVD player to teach the Nstinct the IR codes needed to switch trays.  In this case, I had the Nstinct learn them to "side keys" that I labeled with "DISC 1", "DISC 2" and "DISC 3" (on the LCD screen), but you can also have the Nstinct learn the IR code and store it on any of the other buttons that aren't already used for your DVR, like maybe the "thumbs up / thumbs down" keys.
 >!

OK well guess that's what I'll have to do really would have liked dedicated keys for this though. What's your overall impression of the unit seems like you aren't all that impressed.  ??? Thanks

Tom j.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:45:31 AM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »

My sense of adventure seems to have gone away at the moment.

rofl

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »

Well, so far, I can't see much that's changed programming wise.

I tried all of the possible codes for my audio/video devices and none worked any better than the ones I had on the older remote, so I had to have it learn about 10 buttons.  Again, same old same old.

So far, I'm wondering what changed besides the button layout.   rofl

More to come...
 >!

Say Bill you got a DVR, if so what's your plan for the skip function?? I think I got one but just don't want to say until I hear what others plan as a work around.

Tom j.

rwelte

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2010, 03:20:20 PM »

I've had my IR34A for a couple of days now and I quite like it (never had any earlier version of it). Learning from other remotes works very well (e.g. I control the ceiling fans with it now).

But what I really would like to do is changing the icons of the favorite TV channels. Since I live in Switzerland the TV station icons from the US do not apply to me, so I would like to change them to icons of TV stations that I can receive on this side of the Atlantic ocean.

Regards,
Roland

Dr.Fiero

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »

The guy at X10 when I ordered mine said that the icons weren't changeable - just the labels were.
(it'd be cool if you could upload your own custom ones...  say...  through a USB PORT THATS ONLY PARTIALLY THERE!   :' )

tom j

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »

I've had my IR34A for a couple of days now and I quite like it (never had any earlier version of it). Learning from other remotes works very well (e.g. I control the ceiling fans with it now).

But what I really would like to do is changing the icons of the favorite TV channels. Since I live in Switzerland the TV station icons from the US do not apply to me, so I would like to change them to icons of TV stations that I can receive on this side of the Atlantic ocean.

Regards,
Roland

Like was pointed out there's no USB port and the icons are static and not interchangeable. hmmm.....    B:(

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2010, 06:00:11 PM »

Say anyone know how they would handle a new channel or graphic or would you basically just be out of luck. I was thinking if this was software driven knowing how poor x10 programmers are we all might be in worst shape, I remember a year after AHP came out that folks still couldn't get their lights to turn on.  :'

Tom j.

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »

I have never had an icon remote.  did the old ones have a USB port?  if so, were those changeable with software?  Meaning could you upload your own channel icon images?
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2010, 09:51:05 AM »

No the production Icon remotes did not have a USB port.
Some of the Beta ones did. I have one but there was no software to do anything with it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:07:32 AM by Brian H »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.