Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: New Nstinct Remote  (Read 164047 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: New Nstinct Remote
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »

"One thing I did notice, was that numerous buttons didn't work at first until I smacked them down pretty hard a few times."

Ditto that...

Did not help the OK button though...

They are those soft spongy conductive elastomer buttons, aren't they? ...garbage. Especially if finger oils gets on the conductive portion during assembaly.  B:(
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2010, 04:33:58 PM »

OK so what's the final verdict here on the Nstinct remote? Is it alright, or should it have been named Xtinct, because it may go the way of the dinosaurs?

I'm considering buying one.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2010, 05:15:45 PM »

Overall button placement on the Nstinct I like over the Icon RF. I do, however, prefer the feel of a lot of the buttons on the Icon. One of the biggest being the ok button is much better on the Icon, IMO.
For a $30 remote, I really can't complain other than the physical All Rooms button not being coded properly. I'll see if my replacements fix this issue.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2010, 07:42:41 PM »

OK so what's the final verdict here on the Nstinct remote? Is it alright, or should it have been named Xtinct, because it may go the way of the dinosaurs?

I'm considering buying one.
Yes, for the price, get one. I just have a bias against conductive elastomer buttons.

Pay no attention to the geezer behind the curtain.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2010, 03:53:41 PM »

Personally, I am kicking myself that I didn't grab an IconRemote RF for $29.99 in their last days - When all of us were speculating that a new remote Had to be coming out.....   B:(
>!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2010, 03:57:08 PM »

Personally, I am kicking myself that I didn't grab an IconRemote RF for $29.99 in their last days - When all of us were speculating that a new remote Had to be coming out.....

I did order another Icon RF, but after a delay they shipped me the Nstinct instead.  I guess I was too late...

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

J.B.

« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2010, 06:37:05 PM »

As far as I can tell, this is current:

http://www.x10.com/promotions/ir32a_ch_2999_0629_tag.html

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »

As far as I can tell, this is current:

http://www.x10.com/promotions/ir32a_ch_2999_0629_tag.html

...and this one from today's newsletter: 
http://www.x10.com/promotions/ir32a_remote_lowest_price_ever.html

...boasting the IconRemote RF at the LOWEST PRICE EVER!  $49.99!!   ???

When I called they said they were out of them, and substituting the N-Stink   :(
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2010, 07:23:59 PM »

How about the original IR10A for $69.99  ???
http://www.x10.com/promotions/ir10a_em_ppt_6999_home.html

They are pushing the Nstinct. Ever few seconds a pop up is pushing it and it semiblackouts the sales screen. Until you say NO for who knows how many times.

smf4ever

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2010, 08:25:36 AM »

My review from a person that has never used any previous universal nor X10 remotes.

The feel of this remote isnt horrible. i can manage using a 1 handed usage for most of the things i use it for. (Dish, TV, DVD, X10). I find the mode switching to sometimes be a bit of a pain. The control buttons used for the DVR are quite crampped and I have had a few minor issues with key lag (press it.... than something happens). Overall I think this is a good product.

what I hate....  the OK button. as it is in the bottom of the crater of keypad.. it is not the easiest to hit without pressing a direction command at the same time. If this button was more rounded up.. rather than sunken, i think it would not be a problem.

would I get another one of these remotes? yea. This one remote is still easier than managing the 3 I would have to to get the functionallity.

I still might goto 2 remotes (1 Dish remote.. and this one for TV/DVD/sometimes dish).

J.B.

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2010, 11:49:33 AM »

Just curious, has anyone received one of these remotes that has a working "All Rooms" button? I'm presently waiting for my cross shipment of 3 Nstincts and am a bit worried I will receive more with the same issues.  If someone has one with the all rooms button below the mute button working, would you mind posting the date code found under the battery cover?

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2010, 03:09:25 PM »

Today's newsletter is advertising the Icon Remote cert-like-new.

Any takers?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2010, 04:08:35 PM »

I find it interesting that the manual for the Nstinct has no information on pages 6-7 for the All Rooms button but says push His or Hers Favorites button twice to access the X10 modules in All Rooms?

Maybe the button has no function at present.

If anyone has one that does work. In the first screen of the help screens. Please make note of the firmware version displayed.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:47:02 PM by Brian H »

peacefulwarrior

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2010, 08:57:40 PM »

Hi,

I seem to be having problems controlling X10 devices with my IR34A remote.  I followed the instructions in the manual (basically created a room with a light (A1) and a TM751 in it (the house code for the TM751 is A.  Both devices are physically in the same room although I don't see why it should matter i.e. shouldn't I be able to control devices using RF from other rooms too thru the same TM751?

Anyway, it shows green arrows when I try to control the light but nothing happens.  I am able to turn the lights on/off using the same RF controller with my old harmony remote so I know that there must be something wrong either with this new remote or the way I have it setup. 

Is there anything obvious that I am missing?

thanks!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2010, 06:04:58 AM »

Are you using a TM751 with the Harmony or a different X10 controller like a IR543?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.