Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Certified Like New and New sale?  (Read 72559 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Certified Like New and New sale?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 04:20:40 PM »

Just an update on what to expect with warranty issues on Certified-Like-New:

I was talking to a sales rep today (one of the better ones) and she told me there is NO WARRANTY whatsoever on certified-like-new stuff. Even if they ship brand new stock in your certified-like-new order (because they ran out of certified like new stuff) there's no warranty and no 30-day money back guarantee.

So is it worth it?  :-\

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »

I just checked three of the Certified Like New Deals. Each deals web page clearly said "1 Year Replacement Warranty".
Some one better get their act together.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »

Each deals web page clearly said "1 Year Replacement Warranty".
Some one better get their act together.

rofl

Oh gee whizz Brian, I love your great sense of humor!!

I gotta write that down...X10 getting their act togeather..., so I can laugh at it again tomorrow.  :D
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »

Well I am glad I brought some joy to the forums.  ;D

While researching X10 complaints. I found a company that provides data on manufacturers. They indicated the typical X10 employees stay at X10. Was about two years.

BBB gives them a B
http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/electronic-equipment-and-supplies-dealers/x10com-in-renton-wa-78000149
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:06:18 PM by Brian H »

birdzeye

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 08:03:55 PM »

While researching X10 complaints. I found a company that provides data on manufacturers. They indicated the typical X10 employees stay at X10. Was about two years.

The employee I was talking to has been there a lot longer than 2 years, and has been pretty good in the past. Why tell me there's no warranty when the web page says there is? Were they trying to discourage me from buying certified-like-new for a particular reason that's in their own best interest?

Maybe they've run out of all certified-like-new stuff and you get brand new stuff at the discount prices?? -:)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 08:14:46 PM »

The employee I was talking to has been there a lot longer than 2 years, and has been pretty good in the past. Why tell me there's no warranty when the web page says there is? Were they trying to discourage me from buying certified-like-new for a particular reason that's in their own best interest?

Maybe they've run out of all certified-like-new stuff and you get brand new stuff at the discount prices?? -:)
I don't picture X10 as being willfully deceitful. I just think the company has terrible internal communications, a frantic pace which prevents "doing the job right", and a  quality director (if there is one) who doesn't have a clue how to fix things.

Having said that, I still like most of their products.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:53:29 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 03:51:42 PM »

I don't picture X10 as being willfully deceitful. I just think the company has terrible internal communications, a frantic pacewhich prevents "doing the job right", and a  quality director (if there is one) who doesn't have a clue how to fix things.

Having said that, I still like most of their products.

Wow, Dave W -
I couldn't have said that better myself.   ;)

I think X10 took a moderately good product and, unlike Radio Shack, kept with it.  As long as they can make a fast buck, they are just steaming ahead with as little overhead as possible.  They get a steady supply of some stuff that sold well in the past, and they will push it, with as little change as they can, as long as it sells!   ;)
>!

birdzeye

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 05:43:36 PM »

I just think the company has terrible internal communications

You can say that again. Just to mention another issue, when I phoned the first sales rep she also told me that I could purchase an extended warranty anytime within 30 days of my purchase, so I didn't have to buy it right away.
Then, the next day with yet another sales rep, I'm told that NO, the extended warranty must be purchased immediately otherwise I can't get it.  Does anyone know the true score on that one?

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 07:23:38 PM »

I can't answer that directly, but I have been told that you can buy it within 30 days as well.  I never tried it.

I just want to add that, like most businesses, it depends who you get on the phone.  You could hang up and call right back and get a different answer.  I got a supervisor one time who was very helpful and reasonable.   #:)
>!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.