Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Integrated Motion sensor transmitter and charger.  (Read 6874 times)

BoyntonStu

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Integrated Motion sensor transmitter and charger.
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:11:28 PM »

A single module that detects motion, transmits the X10 code to AM's, etc.  and which keeps batteries charged to maintain memory.

This product would solve several problems; distance, battery, memory, and it eliminates the receiver part of a transceiver.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: Integrated Motion sensor transmitter and charger.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 09:50:17 PM »

I like it!   #:)

Maybe a lithium ion battery inside, and a removable power plug...  Auto-sensing non-overcharging circuitry...

I guess it would cost a bit more, but certainly better than reprogramming those motion sensors and disposable batteries!
>!

BoyntonStu

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Integrated Motion sensor transmitter and charger.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 09:59:55 PM »

I like it!   #:)

Maybe a lithium ion battery inside, and a removable power plug...  Auto-sensing non-overcharging circuitry...

I guess it would cost a bit more, but certainly better than reprogramming those motion sensors and disposable batteries!

It's the sensor to transceiver distance problem that I first wanted to solve.

As for reprogramming, I have a simple solution that will work with all battery devices.

Solder a very short piece of wire (1/2") at the + and - of the battery string.

In the case of MS16a's that would be 3 VDC.

Every few months or so, bring new or recharged batteries plus an extra 2 batteries in a holder with 2 wires and alligator clips.

Clip on the external 3 VDC, change batteries, and nothing in memory will be lost.

Remove clips and on to the next device.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.