Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: can there be 2 recievers VR36B spread out both set to Building A  (Read 4907 times)

pantarra

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I have a large building and would like to place a second set of cams in the second building only way for me to do this is with a second reciever and a long rca into my house...so I can view the second building which is more then 100 feet away and blocked by apartments so there olieeof sight with one reciever..can this be done .the cas on the second buiding have to be wireless

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: can there be 2 recievers VR36B spread out both set to Building A
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:27 PM »

I have a large building and would like to place a second set of cams in the second building only way for me to do this is with a second reciever and a long rca into my house...so I can view the second building which is more then 100 feet away and blocked by apartments so there olieeof sight with one reciever..can this be done
Maybe.
OK the receiver will be placed with in pick-up range of the camera and receiver output will be run 100 feet to your television. Correct?

If you used high quality coax (double copper shield) for the 100 foot run, then it will probably make it. Even if signal is weak and noisy, you could install a video line amp somewhere along the run to boost the signal.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

pantarra

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: can there be 2 recievers VR36B spread out both set to Building A
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:16:09 AM »

thank you for your help

the second reciever will be in the back of the building where first reciever is outta range .the 2nd reciever will have a long rca cable into the house and hopefully a splitterdisplaying on vanguard

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.