Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I want home automation and security?  (Read 4562 times)

larky458

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
I want home automation and security?
« on: August 27, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »

I have an old brinks bhs-4000a system in my house and I was think of taking that out and put a system in where i can hook up all the door/window/PIRS/smokes/ etc. up and then hook up relays to lights, A/C, mag locks, dorr latches and other devices to turn on and off. I would also like to get a mic and speaker to do 2 way and ptz cameras and record temperature or if there is flooding (inputs that are digital for sure but analog would be nice but analog is NOT a must). I want a system that can hook up to my computer or the network/internet so I can control devices via the web and get text messages (or emails about troubles and alarms) and have many zones like 40 to 100.

What would be the best way to do this? What brands and products would work best? Cheaper the better but I do under stand that I may have to pay $$$ to get what I want. I'm an experienced electrician and just started in the electronics systems industry. I can program about anything (may take me some time but I'm a fast learner and can figure out about anything (with some help of people I know))

Thanks in advance.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: I want home automation and security?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 06:24:19 PM »

Did you look at X10.com?? Practically everything you are considering is there, you just have to wade through.
DS7000 security system (the window sensors can be adapted to smoke detectors and water sensors)
ActiveHome Pro and USB interface for automation.
Cameras galore
P&T units but no zoom unless you go for the high end "Sentinel" camera.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 06:30:55 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: I want home automation and security?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:00:29 PM »

Did you look at X10.com?? Practically everything you are considering is there, you just have to wade through.

dave w is correct! Best way to learn all you need... is just read through the posts here everyday for a while.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.