Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Numeric keypad for arming/disarming the security system.  (Read 9477 times)

jbcol1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Numeric keypad for arming/disarming the security system.
« on: August 31, 2010, 01:38:06 PM »

X-10. I see forum notes dating back at least 10 years asking about numeric keypads for arming and disarming the security system. It certainly makes for a more secure and much more professional looking system. We NEED a wall mounted, wireless numeric keypad.

Why has this not happened already????

John

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Numeric keypad for arming/disarming the security system.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:32:20 PM »

X-10. I see forum notes dating back at least 10 years asking about numeric keypads for arming and disarming the security system. It certainly makes for a more secure and much more professional looking system. We NEED a wall mounted, wireless numeric keypad.

Probably because X10 is not interested in developing the product. After 10 years of requests, you probably shouldn't hold your breath. I believe several users have ended up putting a remote in a lock box outside the house.

BTW,  X10 does not give any indication that they read these posts.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:35:40 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »

You can use an Icon or Nstinct remote and program a code to disarm the system into these.
That's the closest thing we will probably see to a numeric keypad on/for the security consoles.  :(

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 04:00:13 PM »

....... It certainly makes for a more secure and much more professional looking system.

I don't know how a keypad would be more secure. The newly installed "professional systems" now feature [or add-on at an additional charge] the remote arm/disarm feature. I know the car alarm remote... is popular.. and for darn good reasons. I'd like to have that same type of feature... one button arms and locks (or disarms and unlocks)... for my home as well as the car. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 08:02:54 PM »

Probably because X10 is not interested in developing the product. After 10 years of requests, you probably shouldn't hold your breath. I believe several users have ended up putting a remote in a lock box outside the house.

BTW,  X10 does not give any indication that they read these posts.

The only thing about put remote in a lock box outside is the battery will drain or die in the winter. I just got the alert mobile it works great. Just have to get it to work on my 3g. I have tried putting the remote in my lockbox but the remote is to big.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:05:38 PM by tybirdtybird »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.