Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VK82A Range of Receiver  (Read 12423 times)

mccartj1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VK82A Range of Receiver
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:03:20 PM »

Everything works great except you have to point the remote directly at the receiver to change channel. Room is rectangular and if I am off to one side, I have to move the receiver to point directly at me. Is this normal? I have a Radio Shack Remote Extender system in another room and I don't even have to point it at the receiver. I can point at the TV and it changes channels. The reason I bought the X10 was I can change the frequency and not interfere with the Radio Shack controlled TV in the other room. That part works great.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: VK82A Range of Receiver
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:00:59 PM »

Everything works great except you have to point the remote directly at the receiver to change channel.

I can't remember my video receiver being any more directional... than any other IR device. Maybe good fresh batteries in your remote might help.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 06:15:42 AM »

Is the Radio Shack one also IR or RF for the remote?
I could see a RF remote not needing a direct path to the receiver.

mccartj1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »

Batteries are fresh. The Radio Shack does work differently. The receiver is placed in front of the AV device (Cable Box) and the transmitter is placed w/in 20 ft of the remote control. The transmitter converts the IR to a RF and sent to the receiver. I have been struggling with the X10 to position it so it allows me to move from one side of the room to the other and not have to keep repositioning the transmittter. When I called tech service they told me there might be something wrong with the receiver because I should not have to keep doing this. Thanks for all your replies. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.