Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Controlling Ninja Pan & Tilt from Web Page  (Read 8196 times)

llahad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Controlling Ninja Pan & Tilt from Web Page
« on: September 05, 2010, 10:28:07 PM »

I have a 4 camera system that is working fine, but I found the remote software service for Vanguard and IWitness is very poor when it comes to streaming video.  The best I can get is a single still image, and I have to restart the service to get another single image.

I found a free software call Yawcam to get streaming images from a password protected web page built into the software.  I get very decent streaming images with this software, but I cant switch cameras or move the Pan & Tilt bases with it.  I am able to modify the Yawcam built in web page any way I want.

How would I be able to add Ninja Pan & Tilt commands to the web page to control the Ninja bases and switch cameras.

I have Active Home Pro installed on the with the CM15 controller.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Controlling Ninja Pan & Tilt from Web Page
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »

I have a 4 camera system that is working fine, but I found the remote software service for Vanguard and IWitness is very poor when it comes to streaming video.  The best I can get is a single still image, and I have to restart the service to get another single image.

I found a free software call Yawcam to get streaming images from a password protected web page built into the software.  I get very decent streaming images with this software, but I cant switch cameras or move the Pan & Tilt bases with it.  I am able to modify the Yawcam built in web page any way I want.

How would I be able to add Ninja Pan & Tilt commands to the web page to control the Ninja bases and switch cameras.

I have Active Home Pro installed on the with the CM15 controller.

What version of AHP do you have?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

llahad

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »

What version of AHP do you have?

Hi Dan;

Version 3.236 installed on same machine as Yawcam web cam software.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »

Any problems with 3.236? I ask as I tried it once and it screwed up timers right at Christmas time.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »

I find, depending on your connection speeds, that something like remote desktop or Ultra VNC work very well to connect to your computer running AHP.
This also allows you to directly edit any settings, not just in AHP, but on your entire system.
I've had good luck accessing the video of any camera feeds and controlling them this way.

llahad

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »

Any problems with 3.236? I ask as I tried it once and it screwed up timers right at Christmas time.

Not so far.  I haven't pushed it to the limit yet though.

I have to deal with the wiring phases issue though at my house, which only allows me to run the system on only half the house wiring.

Hi JB,
I can access the system via either remote desktop or Team Viewer, and I get OK performance.

But when I am at work, or on the road, I dont always have access to these remote connection items.  Yawcam's web page is fully customizable, so if I can put some AHP commands into the web page, then I can use Internet Explorer to control the cameras.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 12:37:14 AM »

This program would still require a connection to your computer.
I'd take a look at Ultra VNC (Free) and dyndns.org.
UVNC has a viewer only .exe that does not require anything being installed on the system.
Dyndns will resolve your IP, weather static or dynamic, to a domain name.
If your AHP system is behind a router, many now have the option to add DDNS settings and use port forwarding or virtual server settings so that they can connect to a specific system on your LAN.
If you have internet access to use IE, you should be able to do this from any system also.

This shouldn't be any more difficult than using the program you mentioned to attempt to add AHP function from any internet connected system.

In regards to your original question, I have not used this software, so I am of no real assistance to you here.

Of course, the ideal thing, would be for the MyHouse plug-in to actually work as advertised>*<
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:51:36 AM by J.B. »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.