Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard recording problem, remote issues, and more!  (Read 9612 times)

DBT780

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard recording problem, remote issues, and more!
« on: September 09, 2010, 02:40:23 PM »

I guess you get what you pay for and based on the price of this system I guess I got what I paid for! Just wish it would do what they say it does, which it doesn't! Can't Record with out "run DLL" errors, Can't get motion to work. Can only access from remote location once per day it seems.

I have tried most of the fixes for the run dll error with no results other than the now expected crash!

Can not get motion to take pictures, record or anything. It does turn on a light set to a different house code, so the software must be getting the signal from the Eagle Eye.

I have been able to access it remotely only one time per day? First try and it works fine, stays connected, no issues. Disconnect and unable to get it to connect again. Have even tried rebooting computer, nope, nothing.

Like I said, you get what you pay for. I thought I would put it back it the box, send it back and get my refund. Then I started looking at the other options available out there and the cost is a lot more. But I bet they work as advertised!
If anyone knows of any other system that really works for a decent price, please let me know!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Vanguard recording problem, remote issues, and more!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »

I guess you get what you pay for and based on the price of this system I guess I got what I paid for! Just wish it would do what they say it does, which it doesn't! Can't Record with out "run DLL" errors, Can't get motion to work. Can only access from remote location once per day it seems.

I have tried most of the fixes for the run dll error with no results other than the now expected crash!

Can not get motion to take pictures, record or anything. It does turn on a light set to a different house code, so the software must be getting the signal from the Eagle Eye.

I have been able to access it remotely only one time per day? First try and it works fine, stays connected, no issues. Disconnect and unable to get it to connect again. Have even tried rebooting computer, nope, nothing.

Like I said, you get what you pay for. I thought I would put it back it the box, send it back and get my refund. Then I started looking at the other options available out there and the cost is a lot more. But I bet they work as advertised!
If anyone knows of any other system that really works for a decent price, please let me know!
Have you looked for answers in the forum?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

DBT780

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 06:28:41 PM »

Yes, and tried many of them with no results. This system isn't worth the hassle. Would be great if it really worked, but based on the forums many many people have trouble and X10 doesn't have very good support. I will be sending it back! Have already ordered another system for more bucks of course, bet it works!

jonamojo

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 07:05:53 PM »

Me too bro run dll problems such a headache B:(

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »

Unfortunately it appears that the X10 computer programmers reached a point a few years back and then slowed down.  (I'm trying to be generous.)

I base this on the fact that you're basically taking a gamble of anything working properly on anything newer than Windows XP....  In fact, I've had several issues with Windows XP, but thankfully I was able to find the fixes on the forum.  Another example is the "this driver has not passed windows certification" message.

I feel your frustration, but as a continuing X10 user, I feel that I got what I paid for.  It is inexpensive, and it works for me - but definitely not plug and play.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 07:43:19 PM by nybuck »
>!

DBT780

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 11:20:20 AM »

I guess I need to clarify, although I have had nothing but problems with the Vanguard system, I do have and use a number of the x10 products daily with no issues. Most of the X10 products work very well. They last also. I have a number of cameras that have been working for years. A click on the remote and lights on or off where ever I need them. They do have some good stuff and I will continue to use their products. It's just the Vanguard system doesn't work. Nice try on their part. If they could overcome the common problems with it I think they would sell tons of them. I guess what I am saying is, X10 is good stuff! Anyone can feel secure buying X10 products, just be careful with the Vanguard system.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 03:56:17 PM »

OK, then I guess we agree   ;D

I haven't tried Vanguard, and my research shows they have not updated the software in a few years.  As we know, a lot happens in computers in a few years!

I did try the IWatchout plugin, and it seems to work, but I choose to use 3rd party email/DVR software.  Their USB video adapter (I have a VA11A) isn't exactly top of the line or "plug and play" either...   :-[
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.