Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I have good Picture Quality but no pan & Tilt  (Read 9416 times)

pantarra

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
I have good Picture Quality but no pan & Tilt
« on: September 12, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »

I have two cams with ninjas that have very good picture quality from the cam but the ninja dosnt work from inside my house but works when Im close to the Ninja cam, These 2 cams are higher then other ninjas which work fine.

I have 3 house codes feeding to a Swann Quad processor with 3 seperate recievers , Im able to have all 3 feeds playing at once....my tranciever is on "A" do I need another tranceiver for the other 2 House codes? do I plug the cam and ninja into the transciever? can a satilite TV dish interfere with ninja signal?

one Ninjas on House "A" good picture quality Ninja dosnt work, other cams on "A" work fine but are closer
one Ninja on "B" good picture quality Ninja dosnt work,  works only if Im 10 or so feet away

Thanks for your help

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: I have good Picture Quality but no pan & Tilt
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 08:20:29 PM »

The ninja remote does not go through the TM751A tranceiver.  It controls the ninja directly.  It is not known for its great remote distance.
All 3 ninjas are on the same frequency, so when you move one with the remote, if the others receive the signal, they will move as well.  Since you have all 3 "constant on", the ninja pan/tilt should be 'on' as well.  In other words, if the wireless video transmitter is on, the ninja is on as well - assuming your XCam is connected through the ninja base like it should.  [Some people choose to run 2 separate power supplies - and turn off the ninja receiver separately from the wireless video transmitter.]

Basically what I am saying is that the reason you are not able to control the ninja bases is that the remote is not reaching them.  Assuming your batteries in your ninja remote are good, you may want to search out ninja antenna mods on the forum.
>!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 06:24:20 AM »

Also the Ninjas Power Supplies are turned on and off by X10 power line signals. If more than one is on at a time. Both may follow the remotes commands together. That is if the RF range from the remote is OK.

pantarra

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »

Thank You
yes all working ninjas repond when I , turn 1 cam they all turn, I made a work around where each channel has a cam with no ninja, but these 2 remain ninjas high on the corners of the building .... so if i plug ninjas power to the transiever I will be able to pan?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:24:58 PM »

No the Ninja uses the RF signal from the remote directly. It is enabled and disabled by a power line signal to its addressable power supply.

Same as a camera setup.
Common House Code. Unit codes in groups of four. 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16.
Turn any in a group on the other three in the group go off.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:38:51 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.