Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Perhaps AHP 3.271 is not as buggy as we thought.  (Read 12213 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Perhaps AHP 3.271 is not as buggy as we thought.
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »

They should, plug-ins are plug-ins.   I recommend that your current AHP be totally uninstalled ( Use the Control Panel Add-Remove to totally remove your old AHP So before you do that, back your current .ahx files up to either a different drive or flash media so the 3.271 install will be totally new, then add your plug-ins.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »

As of today my offer to get 3.271 is CLOSED.  Since you can now get it from X10 at http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm there is no need for me to send the file that also gets it.

Thanks to all who did contact me for the file.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 08:38:30 AM »

Well,,,,,  I did it.....  put 3.271 on.... IT WORKS BETTER THAN 3.236.

Win7, 64bit, va12, all plugins.  had been using my own day/nite flag set routine for macros since none of the built in dusk/dawn/day/nite things worked at all with 3.236 (remember some of us needed to use 3.236 in order to make our va12 videos work at all)

I have set a couple macros up to test dusk & dawn and they worked the first time.  Havent seen that for a couple years!

FYI, I could not delete old AHP as the uninstall program did not work so I had no choice but to install 3.271 over top of 3.236.  Still have my fingers crossed.

As a last aside, I just bought a Compro IP70 IP camera for $ 150.... if this  1280 x 1024 pixels HD camera does what it says it can do, complete with motion detection, emailing, 3g streaming, internet web access, 2 way audio, I will be removing all 8 of my X10 low res cameras and get rid of ihouse add in and go this route.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 01:20:21 PM »

If you use the Control Panel's Add-Remove applet Active Home Pro is the first app on the list.  When you click on it, you have the option of just uninstalling the program or uninstalling everything.   Suggest you back up all .ahx files you have to another drive or removable media before uninstalling.  Once everything is uninstalled you can reinstall 3.271 clean. 

mike

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 03:09:20 PM »

I'd have loved to do that Dan;  but when I clicked on it there it said 'do you want to remove this from this LIST?'  I said ok since it believed it was on the uninstall list but not really installed.....  No uninstall.exe or unwise.exe in prog directory to remove it either.  So just bit the bullet and installed over it.  Seems ok and better like I said dawn is at least working........sorta.....

I made a lamp module, set timer to on dawn, off dusk.  1 macro that sends email when this module turns on, one that sends other email when turns off. Sweet.  sent me email... over and over and over......  sending about every few hours telling it is dawn!....  3:01pm, 11:19am, 9:13am, 7:33am.  anyone have any ideas why the repeats?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 09:26:40 PM »

Mike,

What O/S are you running?   I use XP home and my Control Panel's Add-Remove applet let me remove every trace of AHP, then I installed 3.271. I didn't get a 'do you want to remove this from this LIST?' , it said do you want to remove just AHP or AHP and all folders?  I clicked to remove everything.  After the removal was complete, I opened Windows Explorer and made sure there was no Active Home Pro folder or X10 folder under Program Files or Program Files/Common files.

Then I installed 3.271.   As of today (Friday, September 24) all timers and the single keypress macro continue to operate correctly.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »

Mike, try this.
The uninstaller seems to have issues with x64.
I just had this same issue.
Got to your C: drive (if that's where Windows is installed) and go to the Windows folder.
Find unwise32_setup and double click it.
Browse to your AHP folder in Program Files (x86) and click on Install.log.
Select custom and select EVERY file.
Let it uninstall and then see if you have better luck with a clean install.

Just a note, backup your .ahx file first in the AHP folder.
It still may not hurt to create your setup from scratch within AHP if you do get it reinstalled cleanly.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:42:12 PM by J.B. »

mike

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 08:25:23 PM »

just loaded 3.271 over 3.236 and it works fine at office machine. day/nite work again
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.