Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 228 crashing on hardware configuration  (Read 4484 times)

Kiteloop

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
228 crashing on hardware configuration
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:58:17 PM »

I was running a later version of ActiveHome and tired of the timer issue so decided to try running 228 on Vista. 

I installed 204 (which works fine but doesnt have all the modules) so updated to 228.  But 228 crashes every time I open the hardware configuration menu, which is essential.  I found a few people with the same issue on this forum, but other than reinstalling (which I tried a couple times) I can't really find a fix - anyone know what the fix to this issue is?

Thanks

ps - I am starting my files from scratch so I'm not even trying to open old ones up.

AZDoug

Re: 228 crashing on hardware configuration
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:42:53 PM »

Before I bought my CM15, I downloaded AHP from the X10 site to take a look at it before I purchased any hardware.  I had the same problem that you have, crashing when I tried to open the configuration window. 

I contacted X10 support and they sent me a file that was missing from the stuff I downloaded.  I don't remember if it was a .dll or one of the .xml files that contains cities or holidays.

Given my miserable first experience with U.S. versionf of AHP, including timers not working, and AHP inventing duplicate modules that weren't present, I hope you are not in the situation I found myself in, where no version would work correctly. 

If you aren't bothered by the restrictions of limited plugins that come with the European versions of AHP AND you have another PC available that has never had AHP installed on it, you might want to give either the BMB or Marmitek version a try.  When I switched, I found that things worked a lot better.  I only use older X10 modules that consist of appliance modules, a few lamp modules, a RR501 receiver and various wired and wireless controllers.   You have to select the modules you use from different-looking Europe X10 modules, but all the standard functions are present. 

Unless you swap the IC_Cities.xml file for the U.S. version, you will have to enter the lat/long of your location.  I'd reccommend entering your location manually rather than fooling with U.S. file, unless you are highly mobile :)

Kiteloop

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 11:21:40 PM »

Hey thanks - when I saw that I knew you had the anwer because all my cities were missing in 204 but it would still run.  In 208 it pukes.  I put them in and a way it goes.  Time is displayed correctly there now.

But the unfortunate thing is that the exact same issues are still there in 228 that I wanted to fix.  The time stamp on the emails it fires are still out by 2 times the difference to gmt, and smart macros time conditions are still off.

I'm wondering if this can be related to the patches microsoft put out to correct for daylight savings time changes - wasn't there a couple of them?

Anyone know a fix for this?
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:30:54 PM by Kiteloop »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »

I don't have any problems with 228, and since my CM15A is connected 24/7/365 it gets the DST changes. The only folks who have DST problems are the ones who don't have the CM15 connected.  They get to connect and disconnect FOUR TIMES for every DST change as the CM15 has the old DST dates in its firmware. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Kiteloop

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 07:32:16 PM »

Interesting - it is still messed up here with 228 and I dont really have any more options to try to make any version work with the features I wanted.

What OS and service pack are you using?  Do you have have microsoft office installed?

Thanks

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 10:34:24 PM »

XP Home SP3, and I have MS Office 2003 and AHP 3.228.   ZERO Problems.   

As a question, did you have any other versions of AHP before going to 3.228?

AZDoug

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:04 AM »

Do you have another computer that has never had AHP installed?
I gather that you are using plugins that the Euro versions don't support, and if you are, you might want to give the latest version that X10 U.S. offers a try.  I believe that is V3.2.71.

The earlier versions of AHP made such a mess out of my Vista PC, that I was on the verge of junking the CM15 and going back to my CM11s.  I put one of the then-current Euro versions on a different PC and things worked a lot differently.  All of the timers worked as I expected.  I didn't run into trouble until I tried using a rather messy conditional macro, and the latest version seems to run that macro a lot better. 

My CM15 runs stand-alone, so I am at the mercy of the firmware in my CM15, and that's a wildcard that should be mostly removed when a PC is calling the shots. 

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 06:14:14 PM »

I don't believe Kiteloop is using any of the European versions of AHP, just good old domestic 3.228.   I suspect his next thing is to back up his .axx files, Uninstall AHP and delete all the folders it installed and re-install AHP 3.304 from scratch.

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 08:22:31 AM »

What about the driver update in the device manager.
M M ElectricMan

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.